Sometimes pasta and sauce is a nice, quick meal, especially on a busy weeknight. But pasta and marinara sauce can also get a little mundane. Jazzing up a standard pasta and marinara sauce meal can be really easy, and there are many ways to do it.
This 20-Minute Easy Cheese Tortellini Bake is a quick way jazz up a regular pasta and sauce meal by adding a little bit of shredded mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese and baking it in the oven. This 20-Minute Easy Cheese Tortellini Bake is also a great meal the kids can help make. My kids love to help in the kitchen, and this is one dish that's almost as simple as pasta and sauce for them to help with, while letting them feel like they've really stepped up their cooking skills in the kitchen.
20-Minute Easy Cheese Tortellini Bake
- 1 9-oz. package of frozen cheese tortellini
- 1½ cups of low-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 3 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the frozen cheese tortellini according to package directions, about 8–10 minutes until al dente. Drain. Place in a large bowl.
- Toss cooked tortellini with about 1 cup of the marinara sauce to coat.
- Place coated tortellini in a 9″ x 13″ baking dish. Top with remaining marinara sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10–12 minutes.
- Turn on broiler and cook for another few minutes until the cheese gets slightly browned; remove from oven.
- Let cool for 10 minutes. Serve.
You can easily swap out cheese tortellini for any other flavor of tortellini.
Doubling this dish is also easy to do if you need to make a larger portion.
You can also make this ahead and prepare it in the 9″ x 13″ baking dish, and leave it covered in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake it. You'll need to cook it for a few extra minutes if you have left it in the fridge, but the cooking is essentially the same, just add about 5 minutes to the cook time.
Don't want to use tortellini? You can make the same dish with any pasta.
Latest posts by Jana (see all)
- Dirt and Worms Pudding Cups Inspired by the Lion King - October 22, 2019
- 100 Best Marvel Movie Quotes - October 13, 2019
- Get the Collectible Toy Story 4 SteelBook available October 8 - October 7, 2019