These adorable Baby Chick Cookies are a perfect Easter or spring treat. If you're looking for spring cookies for a get-together, these Baby Chick Nutterbutter Cookies are easy and oh so cute!
Baby Chick Nutterbutter Cookies
*Makes 12 chicks
- 1 package of Nutterbutter cookies
- 1 bag of yellow candy melts
- 1 bag of white candy melts
- 1 small container of coconut oil
- 1 package of small edible eyes
- 1 bag of M&Ms, orange ones selected
- 2 disposable piping bags
- 1 cookie sheet, fitted with parchment paper
- Using a double boiler, melt the yellow candy melts.
- Once the yellow has been melted, add in 2–4 tablespoons of coconut oil. This will help thin out the chocolate.
- Dip a Nutterbutter cookie into the yellow candy melt.
- Using a fork, flip over the Nutterbutter until completely coated by the yellow candy melt.
- Carefully pick up the Nutterbutter and tap the edge of the pot to get rid of the excess chocolate.
- Place the dipped Nutterbutter onto the cookie sheet.
- Repeat steps above to coat 11 more Nutterbutter in yellow candy melt.
- Let the chocolate harden.
- While the yellow is hardening, scoop the rest of the yellow chocolate into a piping bag and clean out the pot.
- Melt the white candy melt.
- Once the white has been melted, add in 2–4 tablespoons of coconut oil. This will help thin out the chocolate.
- Scoop some of the white chocolate into the piping bag.
- Cut off the tip of the piping bag.
- Pipe on the lines for the cracked egg on the top of the and bottom of the Nutterbutter.
- Fill in the white lines.
- Add a small dollop of white chocolate onto the back of the eyes.
- Place eyes on the yellow part of the Nutterbutter.
- Dip the orange M&M into the still melted yellow chocolate.
- Fill in the middle below the eyes.
- Let chocolate harden before enjoying!
Check out our Easter Peeps Pretzel Rods