Celebrate Dr. Seuss’ birthday with Dr. Seuss-themed treats. These easy-to-make treats from three Dr. Seuss stories will put smiles on your kids’ faces.
Here are the ingredients I purchased.
- Frosting 1: powdered sugar and Neufchatel cheese
- Frosting 2: Pillsbury Blue Vanilla Frosting
- Decorations: Swedish Fish, Pirouettes
- Cake: Pillsbury Strawberry Cake Mix
Here is what I had on hand and planned to use:
(If you don’t have orange food coloring, you can use red and yellow mixed. You could also make green frosting instead of white if you don’t have green deco drops or sprinkles.)
One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish Cupcakes
Lorax Truffula Tree Cupcakes
- To make the frosting for the cupcakes and trees, I used my standard cream cheese frosting recipe. 2 packages (8 oz.) of Neufchatel Cheese and 4 to 5 cups of powdered sugar. Blend together the Neufchatel cheese and 2 cups of powdered sugar using an electric mixer. Then blend in 2 more cups of powdered sugar. Every brand’s Neufchatel cheese is a little different. Your frosting my not be thick enough if your Neufchatel is pretty soft. Slowly add more powdered sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, as necessary to thicken up your frosting. Frost the cupcakes.
- Top frosted cupcakes with green decos drops.
- For the remaining frosting, you will add the orange food coloring to make the Truffula tops. Blend in the orange food coloring until well blended. Cut Pirouettes in half. Dip one end of the Pirouette into the orange frosting. Turn a few times to wrap the Pirouette in frosting. Push the un-frosted end into the center of the cupcake.
Cat in the Hat Tomato and Mozzarella Stacks
A healthy snack and decoration in one does not get an easier that this. I used Roma tomatoes, fresh basil, and a mozzarella ball.
I sliced the tomatoes into about 1/4 inch thick slices. I did the same with the mozzarella. I layered three tomato slices with two mozzarella slices and folded the basil leaf in between the layers so the green didn’t peek out.
- INTERVIEW Ming-Na Wen Talks Animation for Pencils vs. Pixels - November 23, 2023
- The Marvels Easter Eggs - November 10, 2023
- INTERVIEW: Bay Dariz and Phil Earnest Talk Pencils vs Pixels - November 1, 2023