We love stuffed peppers. They're so easy and tasty. This stuffed peppers dish is made with chicken instead of ground beef. Perfect for a slightly lighter dish or if you don't eat beef (like me).
Cheesy Chicken and Rice Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 8 green bell peppers, tops removed and cored, ready to fill (reserve tops and dice to cook in sausage)
- 2 cups of white rice, prepared as directed
- 1 lb. chicken breakfast sausage (I used Isernio’s), cooked and drained
- 1 tsp. red chili pepper flakes
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese (I used Tillamook)
- Prepare rice as directed.
- Line oven safe 9×13 baking pan with empty bell pepper boats while rice is cooking.
- Cook chicken sausage until fully cooked; drain fat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cooked rice, cooked sausage, red pepper flakes, drained diced tomatoes, and 1 cup of the cheese mixture until evenly combined. Stuff bell pepper boats with mixture. Top bell pepper boats with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, checking after 20 minutes to make sure your cheese is melting but not burning.
Makes 8 stuffed pepper boats.
- PAW Patrol: The Movie Best Quotes - September 23, 2021
- INTERVIEW: Amy Landecker, Mark Banker & Todd Grimes - September 23, 2021
- Dear Evan Hansen Best Quotes - September 22, 2021