Do you love fresh farm food? We sure do, especially items that are grown and harvested sustainably. You can find and buy clean sustainable food right from the people who grew it at Barn2Door.com. Barn2Door is where you can shop online farm stores.
Barn2Door allows users to:
- Buy direct from sustainable food producers.
- Sell food with your own online store (applies to all farmers, ranchers, fishers, gardeners, urban farmers who meet Barn2Door's quality standards).
- Shop by fulfillment, including meet-up, shipping, and delivery.
- Buy the food you want, when you want, from whom you want.
Anyone who grows clean, sustainable food can have an online store, showcase what they have for sale, sell direct, and manage customers, communications, and sales.
You can order sustainably harvested, organic, quality farm food that is shipped or delivered (the latter is ideal for Seattle/PNW) such as seafood, avocados, lemons, maple syrup, raw honey, and coffee—whatever is fresh and in season. Right now, readers can get $10 off with promo code “merlotmommy10” when they shop Barn2Door.com.
I received 5 lbs. of raw fireweed honey from Black Nugget Ranch. I’ve been using it in everything from tea to pancakes and other baked goods, including the Easy Skillet Peach Cobbler I made the tonight.
Easy Skillet Peach Cobbler
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick butter; you could also cut the butter in half for slightly healthier recipe)
- 2 large peaches, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/8 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup skim milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On the stovetop in a cast-iron skillet, melt butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix whole wheat flour, baking powder, sugar, honey, and milk.
- Pour the batter into the cast-iron skillet with the melted butter. Layer the peaches on top. Do not stir.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes or until golden brown on top. The crust rises to the top and edges as the cobbler bakes.
- Cool. Serve. Enjoy. This dish is excellent served with some vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.