Fondue can be super fun. It's been around forever. I've eaten in France and the states. There's a chain restaurant dedicated (for a pretty penny) to the art of fondue. Basic cheese fondue is easy to make and included minimal ingredients, while serving up lots of fun. My kids love fondue. Here's our recipe for you to enjoy.
Easy Swiss and Gruyere Cheese Fondue Recipe
- 1 cup dry wine wine (I use a French Sauvignon Blanc and drink the rest with the fondue as it obviously pairs nicely)
- 1/2 pound Swiss cheese, shredded (Trader Joe's sells a bag of Swiss and Gruyere blend…it doesn't get any easier than that!)
- 1/2 pound Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 baguette, cubed
- 1/2 lb. sausage, cooked and sliced
Serve with cubed bread and sausage or whatever else you like in your fondue! Enjoy!
- 10 Back-to-School Organization Tips + How to Use Personalized Labels - June 22, 2021
- 9 Things I Never Leave the House Without - June 22, 2021
- 11 Tips for Keeping Your House Clean - June 21, 2021