We have the perfect Festive Christmas Log recipe for the holidays. The best part about this recipe is that it's so easy to swap out the decorations for other colors for any season!
Festive Christmas Log
- 1 pkg. chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- 6 tbsp. butter, room temp
- 1 c. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. flour, divided
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2/3 c. milk
- ¾ c. icing sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3c. whipped topping, divided
- 1 pkg. Christmas M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a jelly roll pan (15 x 10 x ¾”) pan with cooking spray and line with parchment. Grease the parchment, as well.
- Melt the chocolate chips with the butter in the microwave or stovetop.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- In a different bowl, beat eggs until frothy and slightly thickened
- Slowly add the chocolate mixture. Add a 1/4c flour.
- Add the baking soda and mix until smooth.
- Add remaining flour and the milk, alternately, a little at a time.
- Spread the batter smooth onto the pan and bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Once baked, remove the cake onto a clean towel and peel off the parchment paper.
- Carefully, roll the cake with the towel and set aside, letting it cool.
- Once the cake is cooled, unroll gently. Remove the towel and spread the cream cheese mixture over the entire top of the cake.
- Roll it back up and make sure the roll sits seam side down.
- Mix the remaining melted chocolate and mix it with the whipped topping.
- Spread onto the cake.
- Decorate as desired with the candies.
- Chill for 1 hour.
Check out our Christmas Mickey Oreos
Check out our White Chocolate and Mint Muddy Buddy Mix