While I enjoy good bourbon year-round, there's something about bourbon and lemon that seems spring-like to me. Maybe because bourbon reminds me of the Kentucky Derby, or maybe because the lemons are blossoming on my Meyer lemon tree. Either way, enjoying a good bourbon cocktail in the right glass is just as important as choosing good bourbon to begin with. Luigi Bormioli rivals fine crystal in appearance and elegance, but is lead free, affordably priced, and widely available. Luigi Bormioli's Crescendo DOF is the perfect old fashioned glass to enjoy your good bourbon in.
And for wine drinkers—whether you prefer to drink Riesling, Pinot Grigio, Pinot Gris, or Moscato—the Crescendo Chardonnay glass is perfect summer white wine glass choice.
The Italian-made Crescendo DOF and Chardonnay glasses are made from a break-resistant formula, created with Luigi Bormioli's proprietary SON.hyx to strengthen and keep glass brilliant; it's dishwasher safe and will retain ultra-clear brilliance through 4,000 dishwashing cycles, and carries a 25-year guarantee against rim and foot chipping as well as discoloration due to automatic dishwashing. Now THAT is my kind of bar ware! Since receiving these incredible Luigi Bormioli Crescendo glassware pieces, I've cleaned out several lesser quality glassware pieces that were taking up space in my dining room hutch. I LOVE the Crescendo glassware. I'll be adding more to my collection soon.
Here's my own special Maple-Lemon Bourbon Cocktail Recipe to enjoy in the incredible Luigi Bormioli Crescendo DOF.
Maple-Lemon Bourbon Cocktail Recipe
- 2 ounces Bourbon, I used Burnside Oregon Oaked Bourbon
- 1/2 ounce Grade B Vermont Maple Syrup (I prefer the darker, sweeter maple syrup in this cocktail)
- 1 slice Meyer lemon (I chose Meyer lemon for its sweetness)
- ice cubes
- Fill Luigi Bormioli Crescendo DOF about 1/3 of the way with ice cubes.
- Pour bourbon over ice and then drizzle maple syrup over bourbon. Use a spoon to give the gentlest swirl to mix, but not over mix.
- Add one slice lemon for just a hint of lemon; squeeze the lemon as you add it if you like a bit more lemon flavor in your bourbon.
- Makes 1 drink
Enter to Win a Set of Luigi Bormioli Glasses
Luigi Bormioli wants to give my readers a set of glassware to match mine! Use the Rafflecopter below to enter to win your own set of Luigi Bormioli Italian-made Crescendo DOF and Chardonnay glasses. Residents of U.S. only, ages 18 and older only.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Visit Luigi Bormioli Online
Latest posts by Jana (see all)
- Polaroid Lab is the Perfect Gift for Teens and Tweens Polaroid Lab - November 16, 2019
- Upgrade Your Kitchen with Bosch Counter-Depth Refrigerators - November 16, 2019
- Breville Combi Wave 3-in-1 Microwave - November 5, 2019