Thanks to Travel Portland for sending us to sample Portland Dining Month. As always, all opinions are our own.
Portland Dining Month is one of our favorite Portland events. Portland Dining Month is in full swing with 31 days of delicious deals throughout the city. Now in its 10th year, over 140 restaurants offer 3-course dinners for $33 every night of the week throughout the month of March in Portland, OR.
Portland Dining Month is a great opportunity to try a new restaurant or a few new restaurants all while supporting the local economy at a great price. To sweeten the pot, Portland Dining Month is again partnering with Oregon Food Bank, making a donation to the hunger-relief organization for every reservation booked through the OpenTable links on the Portland Dining Month website.
Brooklyn Trattoria, Portland
My husband and I snuck off on a date night earlier this month to Brooklyn Trattoria in the heart of Bethany Village. This upscale Italian restaurant is in NW Portland and makes a lovely date night option with their round booth options lining their back wall.
Irving Street Kitchen, Portland
To check out Portland Dining Month in 2017, my husband and I spent date night at Irving Street Kitchen in the Pearl District. Of the 145-square-miles Portland covers, I've dined at a lot of Portland's amazing eateries, but Irving Street Kitchen was still on my to-do list. This quaint downtown location is soulful new American restaurant anchored in slow cooking and deep flavors. The decor is fun. We loved the bit of a rustic feel with library shelves lined with old books, lighting on old wheels, lots of wood accents. Homey, yet modern.
Our Portland Dining Month menu included some fabulous options, from which we chose:
View this post on Instagram
#portlanddiningmonth at @irvingstkitchen spring farm salad, charred red onions, cider vinaigrette with parmesan breadcrumbs @travelportland #hosted #pdxeats #dinepdx #pdxfood #foodie #pdx #portland #pearldistrict #isk #dining #dinner #datenight #oregon #travel #mytinyatlas #greens #salad #yummy #eat #eatclean #foodporn #food #dinnertime #foodiepics #instafood #foodielife
- Early spring farm salad, cider braised onion, and parmesan bread crumbs
- Pork sausage crépinette with fermented white beans and pickled vegetables
- ISK butterscotch pudding with vanilla bean caramel and a pecan bar
From the main menu we chose:
- Irving Street cornbread, bourbon butter glaze
- Roasted red beet, Dungeness crab & black truffle salad, blood orange vinaigrette
- Espresso beignets, smoke salted almond praline bourbon syrup, and cream
For a cocktail I had the Geek in Pink:
- Bulleit Rye, Aperol, rhubarb shrub, lemon & grapefruit bitters, egg white & Ardbeg rinse
From the atmosphere to the service to the food itself, everything about this meal was perfection. The portions were perfect: not too small, not too large. We're looking forward to a trip back. Irving Street Kitchen is definitely a new favorite dining spot thanks to Portland Dining Month.
- Dear Evan Hansen Movie Review – And Why it Doesn't Matter What the Critics Think - September 25, 2021
- PAW Patrol: The Movie Best Quotes - September 23, 2021
- INTERVIEW: Amy Landecker, Mark Banker & Todd Grimes - September 23, 2021