My kids love Mardi Gras And it's just a few days away. Here's a very simple, fun, and tasty treat to help you celebrate Mardi Gras this year. Who doesn't want to add a little purple, green, and gold into their life to celebrate Fat Tuesday.This post contains affiliate links, meaning that when you click on a link that we recommend, we may receive a teeny weeny commission if you purchase a product. We wouldn’t be doing our job to pay the bills if we didn’t monetize somehow!
Mardi Gras Chocolate-Dipped Cookies
The following recipe will yield 1 dozen Mardi Gras Chocolate Dipped Oreo Double Stuff Sandwich Cookie.
- 12 Oreo Double Stuff Sandwich Cookie
- 2 tbsp. solid shortening
- 1 cup Wilton lavender chocolate melts
- 1 cup Wilton vibrant green chocolate melts
- Wilton gold sugar sprinkles
- 2 cookie/candy molds (6 on each sheet)
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
- In a double boiler pan, melt 1 tablespoon solid shortening.
- Add 1 cup lavender chocolate melts to the shortening and stir until completely melted.
- Pour 1 tbsp. of the melted chocolate into each mold to cover the bottom entirely.
- Place an Oreo into each mold, on top of the melted chocolate.
- Using a tablespoon, pour more melted chocolate on top of the Oreo until the mold is full.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Repeat steps 2–7 using 1 tablespoon solid shortening and vibrant green chocolate melts.
- Remove candy molds from refrigerator after one hour.
- Gently press down on the molds to lift the cookies out onto the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each cookie with gold sugar sprinkles.
Latest posts by Jana (see all)
- Luxury Linens for Back to School - August 20, 2019
- Bowers & Wilkins Formation : Performance Sound for Your Home Audio - August 17, 2019
- Back-to-School Lunches Made Easy with Santa Cruz Organics - August 15, 2019