Here's a great recipe for Panko-Protected Long Beans from Pixar's Inside Out for you to enjoy while you wait for the movie to arrive in theatres on June 19.
Panko-Protected Long Beans Recipe
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. seafood spice
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4-lb. Chinese long beans or thin green green beans, cut into 4-in.-long pieces
- 2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 4 cup canola oil, for frying
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Combine flour, seafood spice, cornstarch, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels; set aside.
- Pour oil in a deep pot to a depth of 1-in. Heat over medium-high heat to 350°F.
- Moisten long beans; dredge in flour mixture. Dip in beaten eggs, then roll in panko.
- Working in batches, gently place in hot oil until golden brown about 2-3 minutes, using tongs or a slotted spoon to gently turn beans every 45 seconds.
- Transfer fried beans to prepared baking sheet and season lightly with salt.
Have you watched the Pixar Inside Out Trailer?
Like INSIDE OUT on Facebook
Follow INSIDE OUT on Instagram
Follow INSIDE OUT on Pinterest
Follow Disney/Pixar on YouTube
INSIDE OUT opens in theatres everywhere on June 19th!
- Director Sam Raimi Brings Horror to the MCU with Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - May 4, 2022
- Everything You Need to Know About Sox the Robot Cat from LIGHTYEAR - April 21, 2022
- Casting the Perfect LIGHTYEAR - April 21, 2022