Pizza Rolls are something I grew up on having two rival and incredible pizza parlors in town. In college, I worked for the one whose pizza and pizza rolls I liked best! Here's a recipe for easy homemade pizza rolls any night of the week. This is a recipe that is perfect for kids to help make if you like to encourage your kids to help in the kitchen.
- 1 can Pillsbury crescent rolls
- ¼ cup Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella
- Any topping you desire, we used black olives, pepperoni, and red pepper
- 1 tbsp. Melted butter
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Unroll the crescents rolls and either pinch the seams closed or roll the dough smooth with a rolling pin.
- Spread the pizza sauce on the dough evenly
- Add your toppings. In these photos, pepperoni, red pepper, and black olives were used, but obviously, you can add and choose whatever variety of pizza topping you desire.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the toppings
- Starting from the shortest end, roll the dough and toppings up to form a tube. Be careful not to push the toppings out the end.
- Place pizza roll into a greased loaf pan
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with the Italian seasoning
- Bake in the oven for 25–30 minutes or until the roll is golden brown.
- Let rest for a few minutes before slicing.