As an avid coffee drinker, iced coffee is a summer favorite. Thanks to Seattle’s Best Coffee I have a new method to brew simple iced coffee and a month’s supply of coffee to make it with!
And here's the disclaimer: I was given a free sample kit consisting of: 1-month supply of Seattle’s Best Coffee® (4 bags!); Seattle’s Best Coffee Tumbler for your iced and frozen coffee drinks; Seattle’s Best Coffee Hot Travel Mug to enjoy our brewed coffee on-the-go; Melitta coffee brewer and recipe for a totally new way to make a single cup of coffee; Simple Iced Coffee recipe featuring our go-to cold brew method; coffee scoop to measure the perfect amount of coffee to review on my blog. All opinions about Seattle's Best Coffee kit are my own.
What you need:
- 1 container with a lid that holds at least 4 cups
- 1 spoon, wooden is best
- 1 pour-over coffee brewer
- 1 coffee filter
- 1 coffee storage container, such as a carafe, that can be placed in the refrigerator
- 1 coffee vessel for drinking your iced coffee from (I used a “cold cup”)
- 2.5 cups of coffee grounds
What you do:
Scoop 2.5 cups of coffee grounds into your 4-cup or larger lidded container. Add 1.5 cups of cold water. Stir very gently and slowly while pouring in the water. Cover and steep at room temperature for 12 hours. This is a great process to start at night for freshly brewed iced coffee in the morning.
Place the pour-over coffee brewer on top of your coffee storage container. Insert coffee filter and strain the coffee grounds mixture into the container.
Fill your coffee vessel with ice cubes. To serve, add 1 part coffee concentrate to 3 parts water over the ice. Enjoy your smooth-tasting iced coffee with your favorite mix-ins. If you enjoy your coffee strong like I do, you can do 2 parts coffee concentrate and 2 parts water. Choose any proportion that tastes best to you.
Place the remaining concentrated iced coffee in the refrigerator; it can be stored for up to 2 weeks.
My iced coffee was delicious, and it tasted as good on day 3 as it did on day 1.
Interested in trying this simple pour-over iced coffee brewing method at home? Enter below to win the same iced coffee kit from Seattle’s Best Coffee! Kit includes:
- One-month supply of Seattle’s Best Coffee® (4 bags!)
- Seattle’s Best Coffee Tumbler for your iced and frozen coffee drinks
- Seattle’s Best Coffee Hot Travel Mug to enjoy our brewed coffee on-the-go
- Melitta coffee brewer and recipe for a totally new way to make a single cup of coffee
- Simple Iced Coffee recipe featuring our go-to cold brew method
- Coffee scoop to measure the perfect amount of coffee
Latest posts by Jana (see all)
- SONIC THE HEDGEHOG on Blu-Ray May 19 - May 19, 2020
- Star Wars Recipes - May 4, 2020
- Using the Pandemic as an Opportunity for Self-Improvement - May 4, 2020