We love homemade macaroni and cheese, but in the summer it's just too darn hot to stand over the stove and then turn on the oven to cook homemade mac and cheese. So I've developed a slow-cooker mac & cheese recipe that tastes very similar to my homemade mac & cheese recipe without having to heat up your house when it's already hot outside!
Slow-Cooker Mac & Cheese
- 4 cups elbow macaroni
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 12 oz. evaporated milk
- 8 oz. skim milk
- 2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- Cook the elbow macaroni to al dente and drain.
- Turn on a 5-quart slow cooker to “low.” Spray the inside of the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the cooked, drained macaroni in the slow cooker; add the butter and stir until melted.
- Add the evaporated milk and skim milk and stir.
- Add the cheeses, pepper, and salt; stir to blend well.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, checking after 1 hour and stirring. After 2 hours, decrease the temperature to “keep warm” or your lowest setting (each slow cooker is different) for up to 2 more hours.
- About 15 minutes before you plan to serve, sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top of your mac and cheese.
If you liked this post, try our other Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese Recipe
- TRANSFORMERS EARTHSPARK on DVD May 16 - May 15, 2023
- Ooze Drink - May 9, 2023
- Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige's Guilty Pleasure - May 9, 2023
Erin @ Platings and Pairings says
This sounds REALLY good Jana – I love using the slow cooker!
vickie couturier says
that looks so good,cant wait to try it
rochelle haynes says
This sounds good like to try this