This post contains affiliate links, meaning that when you click on a link that we recommend, we may receive a commission if you purchase a product. We wouldn’t be doing our job to pay the bills if we didn’t monetize somehow!
Wild Rice & Roasted Tomatoes
Wild Rice Ingredients:
I prepared the wild rice in an Instant Pot, and it was perfectly cooked in 25 minutes.
- 2 cups wild rice
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 3 sprigs of fresh savory
- Remove the lid of the Instant Pot.
- Add two tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil and 1/2 stick of unsalted sweet cream butter.
- Press the sauté button and allow the butter to melt.
- When the butter is melted, add 2 cups of wild rice and 3 1/2 cups of water.
- Add three sprigs of fresh savory.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock it.
- Press the manual setting and set adjust the timer for 25 minutes.
- Hit the pressure button and cook the wild rice for 25 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, move the steam vent to allow the Instant Pot to depressurize.
- Remove the lid and transfer the wild rice to a high-sided casserole dish.
Roasted Vine Tomatoes Ingredients:
- 6 Vine Tomatoes
- 2 tbsps. of extra virgin olive oil
- Sea Salt
- Freshly cracked black peppercorns
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place vine tomatoes in a shallow roasting pan.
- Brush vine tomatoes with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle tomatoes with sea salt and freshly ground black peppercorns.
- Put the tomatoes the pre-heated oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the tomatoes from the oven and spoon them into the wild rice.
- Add blue cheese and set the oven to high broil.
- When the blue cheese is golden brown and melted remove from the oven.
This pairs beautifully with our HERB AND BROWN SUGAR SALMON and HARD YULETIDE BOURBON COCKTAIL.