This post contains affiliate links, meaning that when you click on a link that we recommend, we may receive a commission if you purchase a product. We wouldn’t be doing our job to pay the bills if we didn’t monetize somehow!
Wild Rice & Roasted Tomatoes
Wild Rice Ingredients:
I prepared the wild rice in an Instant Pot, and it was perfectly cooked in 25 minutes.
- 2 cups wild rice
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 3 sprigs of fresh savory
- Remove the lid of the Instant Pot.
- Add two tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil and 1/2 stick of unsalted sweet cream butter.
- Press the sauté button and allow the butter to melt.
- When the butter is melted, add 2 cups of wild rice and 3 1/2 cups of water.
- Add three sprigs of fresh savory.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock it.
- Press the manual setting and set adjust the timer for 25 minutes.
- Hit the pressure button and cook the wild rice for 25 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, move the steam vent to allow the Instant Pot to depressurize.
- Remove the lid and transfer the wild rice to a high-sided casserole dish.
Roasted Vine Tomatoes Ingredients:
- 6 Vine Tomatoes
- 2 tbsps. of extra virgin olive oil
- Sea Salt
- Freshly cracked black peppercorns
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place vine tomatoes in a shallow roasting pan.
- Brush vine tomatoes with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle tomatoes with sea salt and freshly ground black peppercorns.
- Put the tomatoes the pre-heated oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the tomatoes from the oven and spoon them into the wild rice.
- Add blue cheese and set the oven to high broil.
- When the blue cheese is golden brown and melted remove from the oven.
This pairs beautifully with our HERB AND BROWN SUGAR SALMON and HARD YULETIDE BOURBON COCKTAIL.
Latest posts by Jana (see all)
- Six Tips for Making Your Older Dog Healthy and Comfortable - August 5, 2020
- Easy Solution for Dead Car Battery on a Road Trip - August 4, 2020
- Work-from-Home Must-Haves - July 30, 2020