Routine Information Collection
All internet servers track basic information about their visitors. This information includes, but is not limited to, IP addresses, browser details, timestamps, and referring pages. None of this information collected can personally identify individual visitors to this site or is considered PII (personally identifiable information). The information is tracked for routine administration, analytic, and maintenance purposes. Please see below for more information related to this.
With the new GDPR requirements, we are in the process of updating this policy as of May 25, 2018.
Whisky + Sunshine is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your Data
- Information about Cookies
- Contact Information
1. Definitions use in the Policy
Personal Data: any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing: any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject: a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child: a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not): Whisky + Sunshine
2. Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles, to the best of our ability:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited within a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
3. What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information: meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access: meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification: meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure: meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing: meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing: meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing: meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability: you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint: in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority: meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent: you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
4. How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- Provide our service to you. This includes, for example, registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you, and notifying you of changes to any services.
- Enhance your customer experience;
- Fulfill an obligation under law or contract, such as with our design services.
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To identify you;
- To provide you a service or to send/offer you a product; and
- To communicate either for sales or invoicing.
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To send you personalized offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- To administer and analyze our client base (purchasing behavior and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/services offered/provided;
- To conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction; and
- To conduct questionnaires concerning the things you are interested in as it pertains to the services and products that we provide to you.
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behavior to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners); and
- For other purposes we have asked your consent for.
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfill obligation rising from the law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymize Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymized. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from the law.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- The link between purposes, context, and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- The further Processing would not harm your interests; and
- There would be an appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
5. Who else has access to your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
Our business partners:
Connected third parties:
Information captured by Wordfence and the website hosting company is accessed only by the administrators of the website and is stored on the website’s database.
Our website and/or emails may contain links to affiliate products that we recommend and when you sign up through our affiliate links, we may receive a commission. Please know that we only recommend third parties that we know and trust at the time of recommendation.
Our processing partners:
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure an adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
6. How we secure your Data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymizing and pseudonymizing where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks through our web hosting company and security software.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
7. Information and Cookies
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies: help make a website usable by enabling basic functions such as page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies: these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies: these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed on the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
- Statistic cookies: help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
You can remove cookies stored on your computer via your browser settings. Also, you can control some third-party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Please see our Cookies Policy for more information.
8. Contact Information
Representative Contact: Jana Seitzer
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
The Website uses Mediavine to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website. The cookie may collect information relating to your use of the Website, information about your device such as the device’s IP address and browser type, demographic data and, if you arrived at the Website via a link from a third-party site, the URL of the linking page.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site.
The Website may collect IP addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to Mediavine. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You may also visit http://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and http://optout.networkadvertising.org/# to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
Mediavine partners with the following data processors:
Last update: 05/31/2020.
- Abigail Cowen and Tom Lewis heat up the screen in Redeeming Love - January 18, 2022
- Marvel's Moon Knight First Trailer Breakdown - January 18, 2022
- Marvel's Moon Knight drops a chaotic first trailer - January 17, 2022