The Big Game is approaching and that means hosting a party with friends or bringing a dish to share to your friends who are hosting a party on game day. This Baby Back Rib Tostada is the perfect dish for your own Big Game party, Mexican night, or anytime you're looking for a great tostada and Margarita pairing. If you love baby back ribs you won't be able to leave even a drop on the plate of this Baby Back Rib Tostada.
Baby Back Rib Tostada
- 1 package of tostadas
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup Mexican Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into thin planks
- 1 serrano pepper, thinly sliced
- Chop, slice, and place all of the toppings into serving bowls.
- 1 slab baby back ribs
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Six Pepper seasoning
- 1package taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp Mexican Style Chili Powder
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse and pat dry ribs.
- Into a medium size bowl combine light brown sugar, taco seasoning, six pepper seasoning, Mexican style chili powder and mix well.
- Using a kitchen brush, coat both sides of the ribs with extra virgin olive oil.
- Divide the light brown sugar and taco seasoning in half.
- Rub the seasoning mixture onto both sides of the ribs.
- Wrap the ribs; meaty side up in tight fitting aluminum foil and place into a large roasting pan.
- Cook for two hours at 400 degrees.
- After two hours pull the aluminum foil open, do not remove the aluminum foil just open it up, so the ribs are exposed.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees and cook for one hour and twenty minutes.
- After the time has elapsed check the ribs, the rib bones should be exposed, and the meat should be tender.
- Remove the ribs from the oven, and allow let them stand for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the ribs to a large, clean cutting board and using a very sharp knife and a fork, remove the rib meat from the bones.
- Place a tostada onto a plate and add lettuce, sliced red and green bell peppers, rib meat, red onion, pinto beans, serrano pepper, cilantro, shredded cheese, salsa, and avocado.
Pair this with our Margarita & Beer Margarita Recipe.
- Dear Evan Hansen Movie Review – And Why it Doesn't Matter What the Critics Think - September 25, 2021
- PAW Patrol: The Movie Best Quotes - September 23, 2021
- INTERVIEW: Amy Landecker, Mark Banker & Todd Grimes - September 23, 2021