Back to school shopping can break the bank, but it doesn't have to. Each back to school season, parents spend tons of money filling their kid's backpacks with school supplies for the upcoming school year.
This year's estimated back-to-school spending is expected to reach $75.8 billion according to a the National Retail Foundation, with back-to-school spending on a “stock-up” cycle rather than a “make-do” cycle. That's not how we do it in our house, but we aren't the norm.
Most shoppers will spend their budget on apparel and electronics.
Whether you're shopping for elementary school, middle school, high school or college, tech tends to be the most spendy category of all. In a recent Rubicon study, tech was deemed the most expensive of all categories of back-to-school spending, coming in at an average of $343 for K–12 and $470 for college freshmen. More than one-third of parents average of $917 per child in back-to-school shopping. Crazy!! Tablets continue to increase in popularity as a tech purchase for kids, and K–8 parents who are shopping for tech are shopping for tablets.
Not only are new, mobile devices a necessity, but they are also a way for students to express their personalities. Thankfully, AT&T has a wide variety of Back to School electronics that provide the best of both form and function.
As another school year season approaches, it’s time to gear up. AT&T makes it easy and affordable with deals you can’t resist on mobile devices and accessories. We're helping to get you started by giving away a $100 AT&T gift card that may be used at any AT&T company-owned retail store!
Here are some September Back-to-School specials for you:
- Go Phone BOGO: If you thought we were done with awesome BOGO deals, you thought wrong. For a limited time at participating stores, you can buy one AT&T GoPhone and get one free. It’s easy. Buy a new AT&T GoPhone and you get another free when you activate both on a $45 or $60 monthly plan. Eligible smartphones start at $59.99 and include some of the latest 4G LTE smartphones. Eligible AT&T GoPhone prepaid plans include Rollover Data and unlimited text messaging from the U.S. to Mexico, Canada and over 100 countries
- iPad Mini 2 for Under $100 (16GB): Only $99.99 on 2-yr agreement with purchase of any iPhone on AT&T Next. The Apple iPad mini features a 7.9-inch retina display, built-in Wi-Fi, a 5 megapixel rear-facing camera with autofocus, a 1.5 megapixel front-facing camera, and 720p HD video recording. Introducing the iPad mini with retina display.
- Trek 2 Tablet for 99 Cents: StartingAugust 5, the AT&T Trek 2 HD tablet will be available online and in stores nationwide for $0.99 with a 2-year agreement. Weighing just 12.8 ounces, the AT&T Trek 2 HD has a polished, lightweight design and includes a bright 8 inch HD display that’s ideal for watching video from your favorite channels on DIRECTV.
- Smartwatches: This month, get a Free Samsung Gear S2 or $49.99 Gear S2 Classic Smartwatch with the purchase of any Galaxy smartphone on AT&T Next. Both smartwatches come with NumberSync from AT&T, which gives you the freedom to use your primary mobile phone number on your Gear S2 or Gear S2 Classic smartwatch. Your phone doesn't even need to be nearby or turned on. Use your mobile number to make and receive calls and text messages on your smartwatch, even when it's outside of Bluetooth range. One number: Calls and texts from your smartwatch will display as your mobile number. One voicemail: Check your smart phone voicemails from your synced smartwatch.
- 20% Off Speakers, Chargers & More
: Purchase 3 or more eligible accessories, including speakers, headphones and chargers, and save 20% off your purchase. When you’re a student on-the-go, you can’t let studies fall behind due to a low battery. AT&T offers a variety of universal battery chargers to make sure your devices are always at full charge. Now you’ll never run out of battery working on that assignment that was due an hour ago. AT&T retail stores also offer a selection of durable, wireless audio speakers that are perfect to throw in your bag and not worry about getting crushed beneath all those textbooks.
- Switch to AT&T and Get $650
AT&T is offering you up to $650 in credits to help you switch your wireless service. Simply purchase a new smartphone on AT&T Next, activate eligible service, port your number, and trade-in your current eligible smartphone to AT&T. Get up to $650 in Credit Per Line. This is great for families and businesses with multiple smartphones.
Enter to win a $100 AT&T Gift Card
Use the Rafflecopter below to enter to win!
If you like this giveaway, you might like this Coach Handbag Giveaway or this $500 Target or Sephora Gift Card Giveaway
- Dear Evan Hansen Movie Review – And Why it Doesn't Matter What the Critics Think - September 25, 2021
- PAW Patrol: The Movie Best Quotes - September 23, 2021
- INTERVIEW: Amy Landecker, Mark Banker & Todd Grimes - September 23, 2021