Have you ever been on a cruise? It's been a few years since I've been on one, and I've never been on a cruise with my family. In just about a week, I'll be boarding the Carnival Magic in Port Canaveral, Florida, and setting sail a the 7 Day Western Carribean Cruise for a week of family fun and sunset bliss. For me, cruises in the past have been all about the adult fun. As a travel blogger, I'm frequently traveling the world, but often it's solo travel. This time, Carnival Cruise Line is helping make this cruise all about family travel.
While on the cruise, we'll be stopping at four Ports of Call:
- Costa Maya, Mexico: On the southern Caribbean Coast, this area offers everything from Silver dolphins, ivory sand and turquoise waves to the white stone pyramids of the ancient Maya.
- Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatán, Honduras: This largest of Honduras's Bay Islands is built on a volcanic rock and ringed by the world’s second largest coral reef. Perfect for fishing and diving.
- Belize City, Belize: Lush rainforests and silky sand beaches offer a variety of exploration.
- Cozumel, Mexico: This mostly underdeveloped island in the Caribbean Sea famed for its scuba diving and white sand beaches.
That leaves us 2 full days at sea plus parts of 5 others days to explore the Carnival Magic—and there's so much to do, see, and eat!
Pools and Waterslides
There are pools and waterslides on the ship. My kids are soooooo excited. My girls were like, “Wait, there's a waterslide ON the ship?” Why yes, yes there is. More than one, in fact. The Twister Waterslide that's hundreds of feet long, the WaterWorks onboard water parks that features hundreds of feet of waterslide actions, and two pools for lounging.
Dining Options Galore
I'm a huge foodie, and it's probably not a surprise that a foodie is raising foodie kids. The Carnival Magic has so many dining options; most are included but there are a few you can pay an additional fee for an even more incredible foodie experience. I'm not going to even pretend like Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse and Guy's Burger Joint aren't at the top of my list for dining choices. I'm a HUGE Guy Fieri fan and I can't wait to grab some BBQ. The Burrito Bar and BlueIguana Cantina are going to be very popular with my kids.
I can't even believe all of the entertainment options that have been added in the last couple of years since I was on a cruise! Whether you want to listen to live music, do a little karaoke, or enjoy your favorite Dr. Seuss characters with Seuss at Sea. We're totally signing up for a Dr. Seuss character breakfast! There is something for everyone. You can even catch the latest movies in an IMAX theatre (for an added fee). And for kids ages 2 to 11, they even have a camp you can sign them up for during the day.
We can't wait until next week!
All photos courtesy of Carnival Cruise Line.
Latest posts by Jana (see all)
- Six Tips for Making Your Older Dog Healthy and Comfortable - August 5, 2020
- Easy Solution for Dead Car Battery on a Road Trip - August 4, 2020
- Work-from-Home Must-Haves - July 30, 2020