Holidays at Disney Parks are one of the most memorable times of the year. I love walking down Main Street and getting “snowed” on during a parade. For the first time ever, Disneyland Resort is throwing an after-hours holiday-themed party and we can't wait! Disney Merriest Nites are the all-new Mickey Mouse and friends hosted events at Disneyland Park on select nights in November and December 2021! And we grabbed tickets to the first-ever event on November 11 so we can tell you all about it and give you the best Disney Merriest Nites Tips and let you know if Disney Merriest Nites is worth the cost.
Check back frequently as we'll update this post with more information as we get it.
Disney Merriest Nites is 6 Holiday Parties in One
Celebrate the holiday season in a new way on the Merriest Nites separately ticketed holiday event with Mickey Mouse and his friends. Mickey has invited many of his friends to host 6 themed parties throughout Disneyland Park.
During the event, you can enjoy after-hours admission to Disneyland Park with limited capacity, including select attractions and entertainment, unique Disney Character sightings, A Christmas Fantasy Parade, snowfall on Main Street, U.S.A., themed photo ops, unlimited Disney PhotoPass digital downloads from the event, themed menu items, live bands, dance parties, and the opportunity to purchase special event-themed merchandise! All the fun you expect from a special Disney hard-ticketed event and more!
Disney Merriest Nites Event Details:
Disney Merriest Nites Holiday Experiences
The 6 uniquely themed parties include fun with some favorite Disney Characters such as Mickey Mouse, Miguel, Tiana, Elsa, Lilo, Stitch, Buzz Lightyear—plus snow moments on Main Street, U.S.A., and even an appearance from Santa Claus! If you know me at all or read the blog, you know there are two of these lands I'll be glued to all night long.
- Victorian-Themed Party on Main Street, U.S.A.: The host with the most, Mickey Mouse, invites you to the party of the year! Revel in the holiday spirit with marvelous snow moments and holly-jolly carolers singing some holiday favorites.
- Feliz Navidad Party in Frontierland: Join Miguel from Coco for a jolly fiesta with lively music, dancing and so much more.
- New Orleans Holiday in New Orleans Square: Swing by this jazzy celebration hosted by Tiana and brimming with beads, beignets, and bountiful holiday fun.
- Frozen-Themed Party in Fantasyland: Discover a flurry of festivities at a celebration featuring Elsa and her icy escapades—and plenty of heartwarming cheer.
- Tropical Party in Adventureland: Delight in a holiday celebration with tropical flair hosted by the loveable Lilo and her mischievous pal, Stitch.
- Tomorrowland Party in Tomorrowland: Party to infinity and beyond at this futuristic hoopla featuring Buzz Lightyear, a DJ, and more.
Disney Merriest Nites Early Admission to Disneyland Park
Your separate event ticket gets you early admission into Disneyland Park before the party starts. Park mix-in begins at 5 pm, so you can explore for
32 hours before the party starts at 87 pm, with no theme park reservation or additional theme park admission required.
Disney Merriest Nites Merry Entertainment
Get into the festive spirit with a special performance of A Christmas Fantasy Parade, which features beloved Disney characters joining Santa Claus, prancing reindeer, marching toy soldiers, dancing gingerbread cookies, and more for a merry musical celebration—heading your way down Main Street, U.S.A. beginning November 12.
Disney Merriest Nites After-Hours Access to Attractions
The park’s classic attractions—including holiday favorites like “it’s a small world” Holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday—will be available throughout the event, often with shorter wait times than on a typical park day. Hop on some rides with your favorite holiday overlays to get into the festive spirit. (Access to Mickey’s Toontown, Critter Country, and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will not be available during event hours.)
Disney Merriest Nites Character Appearances
Be on the lookout! You may see both rare and classic Disney Characters dressed in their holiday best who will stop by to join the festivities.
Disney Merriest Nites Festive Photo Ops with Themed Backdrops
Let Disney PhotoPass photographers capture shots—with unlimited downloads of photos taken during the event—against memorable event-themed backdrops as well as all the other Disney Walls you can find on your own.
Scan your event admission ticket into the Disneyland app to access Disney PhotoPass photos captured during the event. Photos can be downloaded from your Disney account as often as desired, for 45 days after initial capture. Disney PhotoPass is subject to the Disney PhotoPass terms.
Disney Merriest Nites Holiday and Event Merchandise
MERCH! One of the most fun parts of these events is the limited edition merchandise just for attendees. You’ll have the opportunity to purchase holiday merchandise, including special Disney Merriest Nites-themed merchandise available during the event. You know I'm coming for you, holiday ears!
Disney Merriest Nites Specialty Holiday Treats and Eats
We're here for the treats, especially holiday treats. Feast on holiday treats with a twist! Enjoy event-inspired menu options like hot chocolate and cookies at select Disneyland Park locations.
Disney Merriest Nites Tips
Viewing Tips – A Christmas Fantasy Parade
If you want to see the show along Main Street, U.S.A., arrive early to find the best possible viewing spot. Viewing areas will fill up pretty quickly for this limited-run specialty parade.
There are also great viewing spots near “it’s a small world” Holiday and Matterhorn Bobsleds.
Note: all parades at Disneyland Park are dependent on weather conditions and are subject to change or cancellation. Check the Disneyland app or with a Cast Member for updates.
Disney Merriest Nites Important Information:
- Held select nights November 11 through December 9, 2021
- Party takes place from
8:00 PM to midnight7 pm to 11 pm
- Tickets are not required for Guests younger than 3 years of age. Children should be supervised. Guests younger than 14 years of age must be accompanied by a Guest age 14 or older to enter a theme park. To board an attraction, children younger than 7 years of age must be accompanied by a person age 14 or older.
- The State of California strongly recommends that all Guests be fully vaccinated or obtain a negative COVID-19 test prior to entering the Disneyland Resort. If planning to travel, please check and follow the CDC recommendations and any State travel advisories. Do not travel to or enter Disneyland Resort unless you are free of any COVID-19 symptoms and otherwise comply with the requirements of such advisories and restrictions. View what you need to know before visiting the Disneyland Resort—including the latest information on required face coverings.
- The Book of Boba Fett Episode 5 Easter Eggs - January 26, 2022
- Am I Ok? Looks at the intersection of love, friendship & life—and their complex intimacies - January 24, 2022
- The King’s Man coming to Digital and Hulu February 18 - January 24, 2022