At our house, arts and crafts is practically a daily activity. We love to be creative. Recently we made DIY Mason Jar Banks. It's a super easy and fun, quick craft. We have a nickel arcade near our house, so we made jars to hold our nickels for the next trip to the arcade. We love easy Mason jar crafts in our house and these piggy bank jars were a simple afternoon craft.
What You Need:
- Mason Jars
- Slotted lid inserts for mason jars (as many as you have Mason Jars)
- Acrylic Paint
- Water cup
- Clear enamel gloss spray paint
- Decorations or stencils (optional)
What You Do:
Make sure you prep the area with newspapers or another surface that can protect your table and be painted on. Take the lids off the Mason Jars and replace the standard lids with the slitted lid inserts; set aside. This is the easiest way to make a Mason jar piggy bank lid, although I'm sure you could do some fancy cutting if you had that in you and the right tools.
Pick your paint, get a cup for rinsing the brushes off. Paint! You can also use stencils or other decorations to decorate the jars. Don't paint the rim area where the lid gets screwed on…that will make for a mess and then your lid may have a hard time getting lined up to screw on depending on how much paint is there.
- Halloween Events and Activities - September 26, 2021
- Dear Evan Hansen Movie Review – And Why it Doesn't Matter What the Critics Think - September 25, 2021
- PAW Patrol: The Movie Best Quotes - September 23, 2021