Summer means fresh strawberries in many parts of the country. And if you love to pick strawberries as a family like we do, you often are looking for recipes and things to do with all of the extra fresh summer strawberries you haul in. This Easy Summer Skillet Strawberry Cobbler is a quick and easy recipe to make with your fresh strawberries.
Skillet Strawberry Cobbler Recipe
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 quart of strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup of cranberries
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of self-rising flour
- 1 cup of milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On the stovetop in a Cast-Iron Skillet, melt 1 stick of butter.
- In a 5-Quart Mixing Bowl, mix flour, sugar, and milk. Whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter in the skillet. Add strawberries to the top. Do not stir.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes or until golden brown on top. The crust rises to the top as the cobbler bakes.
- Cool. Serve. Enjoy. This dish is excellent with some vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Looking to pair your Skillet Strawberry Cobbler with a wine? I suggest a Pinot Noir or Champagne.
- INTERVIEW Ming-Na Wen Talks Animation for Pencils vs. Pixels - November 23, 2023
- The Marvels Easter Eggs - November 10, 2023
- INTERVIEW: Bay Dariz and Phil Earnest Talk Pencils vs Pixels - November 1, 2023