Disney Junior’s new “Fancy Nancy” premieres July 13 at 11 am ET on Disney Junior and the DisneyNOW app. We had a Q&A with Executive Producer/Director Jamie Mitchell and Story Editor Krista Tucker to learn all about the show last month when I was in Los Angeles.
Head Writer and Story Editor Krista Tucker has the fun job of creating the vision of Fancy Nancy for television animation. She goes through the books as source material and creates new show concepts.
Executive Producer/Director Jamie Mitchell oversees the project and directs every episode.
Kids are going to be so excited to see Fancy Nancy on screen!
Fun Facts about Fancy Nancy
- All but two of the stories are originals. So far, only two books have been adapted for the show. Disney Junior is making Fancy Nancy it's own.
- There's humor for adults threaded throughout the series to keep parents engaged when they co-watch with their kids.
- The CGI animation uses a program called MAYA. There are 236 separate areas of hair on Fancy Nancy's head and each area has strands of hair!
- Executive Producer/Director Jamie Mitchell wanted to create an environment that was fully immersive so that when they look at, they want to be in that environment.
- The major themes are about Fancy Nancy being creative and making the world her own.
- The cul de sac is designed specifically so the kids have a safe environment.
- They work with a consultant on the French words to ensure accuracy.
Fancy Nancy Merchandise
Check out all the great Fancy Nancy merchandise available, too! This post includes affiliate links.
Let Fancy Nancy be your playtime muse with this soft and stylish plush doll, inspired by Disney Junior's Fancy Nancy series. Featuring an elaborate ensemble and colorful crown, this doll is sure to inspire imaginative adventures! $16.95
It doesn't get much fancier than this Fancy Nancy leotard with attached tulle ballet skirt. With rhinestone and appliqué accents, this outfit is sure to put a twirl or two in your little one's day. $39.95
Inspired by the Disney Junior television series. Works well with My friend Fancy Nancy doll and other 18” dolls. Includes: 1 teapot with lid, 1 creamer, 1 sugar bowl with lid, 2 teacups, 2 saucers, 2 spoons, 1 cake stand and 3 play pastries. Recommended for ages 3+. $14.99.
The Fancy French Phone features lights and telephone sounds for realistic play. Kids can hear 12 phrases from Nancy when they push the center button. The Fancy French Phone is available for $14.99 and is recommended for kids ages 3 and older.
Fancy Nancy Featurette