Deep in the heart of the forest awaits a paradise filled with tiny sprites, winged fairies, tree spirits, and all kinds of animals who live together in joyful harmony. But when their home is threatened by humans, one courageous sprite must give her all to save it!
FernGully: The Last Rainforest 30th Anniversary Blu-Ray and DVD
Ahead of its 30th Anniversary, the beloved animated feature FernGully: The Last Rainforest will be released in a special 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray + DVD Combo.
Featuring an all-star voice cast, including Robin Williams, Christian Slater, Samantha Mathis, Tim Curry, Cheech Marin, Tommy Chong, and Tone Loc, FernGully: The Last Rainforest is an iconic classic for kids of all ages.
Fun Facts About FernGully: The Last Rainforest
- FernGully: The Last Rainforest is based on the series of books by Australian author Diana Young
- Bill Kroyer, who also directed Honey, I Shrunk The Kids, directed FernGully: The Last Rainforest
- Filmmakers used what was then brand-new special effects technology for penetrating layers of backgrounds and to generate the beginning stages of drawings, which were then completed by hand
- Filmmakers created 150,000 cels for FernGully: The Last Rainforest
- If laid end-to-end, the artwork created for FernGully: The Last Rainforest would total 38 miles of artwork
- Every shot was primarily painted and animated by hand, although many steps were computer-assisted
- The key creative team spent time in the Australian rainforest to view first-hand one of the richest natural environments on earth and drew inspiration from the multi-hued colors of the forest and exotic wildlife
- FernGully’s ecological message about the importance of the world’s rainforests had a strong impact on viewers 30 years ago and is still relevant today
Enter to Win FernGully: The Last Rainforest 30th Anniversary Blu-Ray/DVD + Gift Card
About FernGully: The Last Rainforest
Crysta (Samantha Mathis) is a fairy who lives in FernGully, a rainforest in Australia, and has never seen a human before. In fact, she is told they are extinct. But when a logging company comes near the rainforest, she sees that they do exist, and even accidentally shrinks one of them: a boy named Zak (Jonathan Ward). Now her size, Zak sees the damage that the company does and helps Crysta to stop not only them, but an evil entity named Hexxus (Tim Curry), who feeds off pollution.
Blu-ray: 1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.85:1)/English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 & Stereo
DVD: Anamorphic Widescreen (1.85:1)/English Dolby Digital 5.1 & Stereo
English SDH Subtitles/1992/Color
Rating: G (Canadian G)
Runtime: 80 mins
- NEW Introduction With Director Bill Kroyer, Which Includes Never-Before-Seen Pencil, Character, And Animation Tests
- Audio Commentary with Bill Kroyer, Art Director Ralph Eggleston, and Coordinating Art Director Susan Kroyer
- “Seed of the Story” – Script-To-Screen Comparison with Optional Commentary by Screenwriter Jim Cox
- “From Paper to Tree” – Making-of Featurette
- “Behind The Voice: Toxic Love” – Multi-Angle Scene Study Original Featurette
- “If I’m Gonna Eat Somebody (It Might As Well Be You)” Music Video
- Theatrical Trailers and TV Spots
Watch the FernGully: The Last Rainforest Trailer
FernGully: The Last Rainforest comes to Blu-ray/DVD combo on August 23, 2022
- STAR TREK PRODIGY SEASON 1 GIVEAWAY TWITTER PARTY - September 19, 2023
- INTERVIEW José Hernández & Alejandra Márquez Abella - September 19, 2023
- Skincare 101: How to Choose the Right Moisturizer for Face - September 6, 2023