We love How The Grinch Stole Christmas! in our house. It's a favorite movie and book! You'll love these cute How the Grinch Stole Christmas Cookies, modeled after a traditional thumbprint style cookie.
And what happened, then? Well, in Whoville they say – that the Grinch’s small heart grew three sizes that day. And then – the true meaning of Christmas came through, and the Grinch found the strength of ten Grinches, plus two!
Grinch Sandwich Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 container of green sugar
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- Mini heart cookie cutter
- Medium circle cookie cutter
- Cutting board or pastry mat
- 2 cups of strawberry jelly
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a standing mixer, cream butter and sugar until creamed together evenly.
- Beat in egg, vanilla, and almond extract.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and baking powder; use a whisk and mix to combine evenly.
- Lightly flour a cutting board or pastry mat.
- Roll out the dough out on a lightly floured surface to a rectangle shape about 1/2 inch thick.
- Using the circle cookie cutter, cut out 20 circles.
- Using 10 circles, take the mini heart cookie cutter, and cut out a heart into the center.
- Place cookies on the cookie sheet and sprinkle the green sugar sprinkles onto the circles with the heart center.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes.
- Once cookies are done baking, let cool.
- Take a butter knife and spread on some strawberry jelly onto the solid cookie and top with the heart cut out of the cookie.
- Enjoy with a big glass of milk or a nice hot mug of cocoa while watching How The Grinch Stole Christmas!
Like this recipe? Check out our Mickey Christmas Oreos
Latest posts by Jana (see all)
- Games and Toys Holiday Gift Guide - November 26, 2019
- Visiting Stranger Things Filming Locations in Atlanta - November 25, 2019
- Frozen 2 Movie Review - November 24, 2019