Looking for a fabulous slow cooker chili recipe? This Meaty Hearty Rib Stickin' Chili recipe is just the one for you. This is a great recipe for people who have lots of home canned garden tomatoes to use up or if you're looking for a great Big Game party dish or entertaining dish. I love when I can throw a dish in the slow cooker and forget about it until I'm ready to go. You could also add beans to bulk up this meal for a larger group or family or serve with rice, in a bread bowl, chips, or crackers.
Looking for variations? Any ground meat could be used, such as chicken or turkey for a lower calorie option. We used coconut sugar in this recipe for a healthier option, but brown sugar could be used as well.
Serve this chili in a bowl garnished with green onions and a side salad as great Paleo, Low Carb, and Gluten Free option!
Eliminate the coconut sugar and this is a Whole 30 recipe as well!
For other serving suggestions, add a roll or baked potato for a starch side. You could make frito chili pies with frito chips, sour cream, and cheese. You could serve the slow cooker chili in a bread bowl with garnishes, on top of rice, or crackers. Pipe on sour cream like football threads for a Big Game or sports-themed party.
Meaty Hearty Rib Stickin' Chili aka Hearty Slow Cooker Chili
- 2 lbs. Ground Beef
- 1 – 14.5 oz. Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 – 14.5 oz. Can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 – 6 oz. Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 – 4 oz. Can Tomato Paste
- 1 Medium Onion, Diced
- 5 tbsp. Chili Powder
- 4 tbsp. Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic
- Brown ground meat and diced onion together in a skillet until meat is cooked through.
- Strain off excess fat and place in slow cooker.
- Add spices and sugar to ground beef and stir to combine.
- Add canned tomatoes, sauce, and paste and stir to combine.
- Slow cook on high for 4–6 hours or on low for 6–8 hours.
- Garnish as desired.
Per Serving Nutrition*: