Here's a great recipe for Hot-Headed Tuna from Pixar's Inside Out for you to enjoy while you wait for the movie to arrive in theatres on June 19.
INGREDIENTS (serves 4) Peppercorn Crust
- 2 tbsp. Sichuan peppercorns
- 1 tsp. turbinado sugar or raw sugar
- 1 orange, zested & juiced
- 1 lemon, zested & juiced
- 1 lime, zested & juiced
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt Crusted Tuna
- 4 (6-ounce) tuna loin steaks
- 2 tbsp. canola oil, divided
- Citrus-Sichuan Peppercorn Crust
- Fresh cilantro for garnish, optional
INSTRUCTIONS Peppercorn Crust
- Pulse-grind Sichuan peppercorns in a small grinder until coarse ground. Add turbinado or raw sugar, pulse to blend and slightly grind. 2. Combine zests of orange, lemon, and lime in small mixing bowl.
- Add ground Sichuan peppercorn-sugar mixture to zest. Add coarse salt and blend well. Set aside. Crusted Tuna
- Place large non-stick saute pan over high heat. W hile pan is heating, lightly coat tuna steaks with 1 tbsp. canola oil and lightly dust evenly with prepared citrus-Sichuan peppercorn crust. Do not overcoat.
- Add 1 tbsp. canola oil to pan and immediately add tuna steaks. Cook evenly on both sides to create a well-caramelized crust, about 2-3 minutes, watching carefully to avoid burning. Remove from pan and transfer to small sheet pan to rest. Tuna is best done rare to medium-rare. For more well-done, finish off in a 375°F oven.
- Slice tuna steaks on bias.
- Garnish with cilantro as desired. Serve immediately.
Have you watched the Pixar Inside Out Trailer?
Like INSIDE OUT on Facebook
Follow INSIDE OUT on Instagram
Follow INSIDE OUT on Pinterest
Follow Disney/Pixar on YouTube
INSIDE OUT opens in theatres everywhere on June 19th!
- PAW Patrol: The Movie Best Quotes - September 23, 2021
- INTERVIEW: Amy Landecker, Mark Banker & Todd Grimes - September 23, 2021
- Dear Evan Hansen Best Quotes - September 22, 2021