Thanks to U.S. Broadway in Portland for hosting us at this performance on media night. As always all opinions are our own.
Do you love magic and illusions? The Illusionists—Live From Broadway will dazzle and mesmerize you. On the heels of a highly successful multi-city tour and run on Broadway, the world’s best-selling touring magic show, The Illusionists—Live From Broadway, is at Keller Auditorium in Portland from through February 5 as part of its current North American tour to more than 50 cities.
Full of hilarious magic tricks, death-defying stunts and acts of breathtaking wonder, The Illusionists has shattered box office records worldwide and thrilled audiences of all ages with a mind-blowing spectacular showcasing the jaw-dropping talents of seven of the most incredible illusionists on earth.
This electrifying show is fun for the whole family. It's a non-stop and powerful mix of outrageous and astonishing acts that will have you on the edge of your seat the entire performance.
The Illusionists includes seven stars, each a master in their own field:
- The Anti-Conjuror, Dan Sperry: Described as Marilyn Manson meets David Copperfield, Dan combines the art of magic with the macabre and is one of the top-10 most Googled people, thanks to a legendary “America’s Got Talent” appearance.
- The Trickster, Jeff Hobson is the epitome of glamour and showmanship. Don’t be fooled by his innocent appearance; Jeff has audiences laughing long after the curtain goes down.
- The Inventor, Kevin James is known for innovative illusions, is an inventor, comedian and collector of the strange and unusual. Kevin is one of the most prolific inventors of magic in the world and has created some of the most celebrated illusions of the last century.
- The Escapologist, Andrew Basso: Italy’s star escape artist, Andrew considers Houdini his hero and is fast becoming one of the world’s most popular illusionists. He is the only person in the world to perform Houdini’s famous Water Torture Cell with absolutely no covers.
- The Deductionist, Colin Cloud, one of the greatest thought readers of all time is a psychic savant known as a real-life Sherlock Holmes. Don’t play against him in a game of poker—he’s never lost.
- The Daredevil, Jonathan Goodwin, is widely considered one of the most creative, skilled, and frankly crazy stunt performers in the world. He is an accomplished knife thrower, archer, escape artist, fakir, martial artist, free diver, and free climber. Unlike the other performers in the show, Jonathan is not a magician or illusionist but he will leave the audience breathless with his death-defying stunts.
- The Manipulator, An Ha Lim: The first place winner at Korea’s Busan International Magic Competition (2006), Italy Club Convention Manipulation (2006) and World Magic Seminar in Asia (2007), An Ha Lim was also a Golden Lion Award winner at the World Magic Seminar in Las Vegas (2008).
Grab your tickets at www.BroadwayInPortland.com.
Latest posts by Jana (see all)
- Games and Toys Holiday Gift Guide - November 26, 2019
- Visiting Stranger Things Filming Locations in Atlanta - November 25, 2019
- Frozen 2 Movie Review - November 24, 2019