Here's a great recipe for Is-That-Broccoli Pizza from Pixar's Inside Out for you to enjoy while you wait for the movie to arrive in theatres on June 19.
INGREDIENTS (makes one 10-in. pizza)
- Store-bought pizza dough
- 1/2-can of San Marzano tomatoes
- 1/4-head broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 garlic clove, smashed and minced
- 1/2 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2-oz. marinara sauce
- Zest and juice from 1/4-lemon
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Chile flakes
- Parmesan reggiano
- Sea salt, to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil, to taste
San Marzano Tomatoes
Drain a 1/2-can of San Marzano tomatoes and slice in half carefully. Squeeze seeds out and grate the “meat” of the tomatoes on a box grater. Season with sea salt and olive oil to taste. Add 1/2 garlic clove, smashed and minced.
Heat 1 tsp. of olive oil in a large saute pan. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Add broccoli, chile flake, and enough olive oil to coat. Turn heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally until broccoli is cooked, but still has texture. Fold in lemon zest and season to taste with lemon juice and salt.
Heat oven to 425°F. Arrange store-bought pizza dough on a peel with a generous dusting of semolina. Spread 2-oz. marinara over dough. Sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese over the top to taste, then finish with chile flakes and broccoli. Place in the oven on a pre-heated pizza stone or sheet tray. Bake until the dough is cooked to your liking and the cheese is melted. Grate fresh parmesan reggiano cheese over the pizza and serve!
Have you watched the Pixar Inside Out Trailer?
Like INSIDE OUT on Facebook
Follow INSIDE OUT on Instagram
Follow INSIDE OUT on Pinterest
Follow Disney/Pixar on YouTube
INSIDE OUT opens in theatres everywhere on June 19th!
- PAW Patrol: The Movie Best Quotes - September 23, 2021
- INTERVIEW: Amy Landecker, Mark Banker & Todd Grimes - September 23, 2021
- Dear Evan Hansen Best Quotes - September 22, 2021