The Kentucky Derby is this weekend and spring is finally here! Whether you’re celebrating North or South of the Mason-Dixon, no Kentucky Derby outfit is complete without the quintessential accessory—a Maker’s Mark Mint Julep. In fact, I poured one earlier this week just because I wanted to. I love me some Maker's Mark.
Dawn’s Kentucky Derby Essentials
Looking for some Kentucky Derby Fashion? Here are a few chic Derby party tips from Fashion & Lifestyle Expert, Dawn Del Russo (featured on Fox 5, NBC, E! News, InStyle, and more!)
- A fabulous hat is always a must (and good luck!) at the Kentucky Derby, from elegant to over the top. Try a bold, wide-brimmed, red-colored hat to show your flair and pay homage to the red wax top of your favorite bourbon—Maker’s Mark.
- For an event like the Kentucky Derby a dress is almost as essential as the hat. This season is all about midi lengths, which is generally a flattering style for all body types.
- We really can't forget about the shoes, leave the platforms at home and go for a lady-like pointy toe and skinny high heel. Maybe even a red sole if you dare.
- Jewels are the finishing touch and since the hat is the centerpiece, keep it simple. Try studs that sparkle, a stunning emerald cocktail ring, or a delicate set of bracelets; a dazzling offset to your Maker’s Mark pewter Julep cup.
- Pearls are a classic accessory (think southern belle) and pair them with a minty green top and matching skirt for a monochromatic look—take it one step further with a Minty Maker’s Julep.
Here's how to make the perfect Marker's Mark Classic Mint Julep:
- PAW Patrol: The Movie Best Quotes - September 23, 2021
- INTERVIEW: Amy Landecker, Mark Banker & Todd Grimes - September 23, 2021
- Dear Evan Hansen Best Quotes - September 22, 2021