When it’s dry out, anything to help exfoliate and add a little moisture back into the skin is a welcome treat for super dry skin. Here’s wonderful, easy-to-make DIY Lime Vanilla Sugar Scrub for your hands, lips, or wherever. My daughter who has eczema loves her sugar scrubs to help exfoliate the dry skin she gets. Sugar scrubs are a perfect way to get that perfectly soft summer skin you’ve been wanting all season or a great way to moisturize when it’s super dry during the winter months.
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that when you click on a link that we recommend, we may receive a teeny weeny commission if you purchase a product. We wouldn’t be doing our job to pay the bills if we didn’t monetize somehow!
Lime Vanilla Sugar Scrub
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ coconut oil
- 8 drops lime essential oil
- 4 drops pure vanilla extract
- air tight jar (4 oz. wide mouth mason jars work well)
- Mix all ingredients in a small mixing bowl (if your coconut oil is solid, since it is a solid at room temperature or below, you may need to warm it up, either in the microwave or by kneading it in a plastic baggie before mixing with the other ingredients). Place mix in a4 oz. wide mouth mason jars or other air tight container.
- Use 1 teaspoon of sugar scrub in the shower or over a sink as needed. Gently scrub your skin with the sugar scrub mixture and rinse well. You skin will be left feeling silky smooth.