MagicBand+ launched at Walt Disney World Resort today.
MagicBand Plus Guide: Everything we know about the MagicBand+
At Walt Disney World, MagicBand+ can do everything a MagicBand can do and more, including entering theme parks with a tap, connecting your Disney PhotoPass memories, unlocking your Disney Resort hotel room, and more. Here’s what we know about the new MagicBand Plus and how you can get yours.
What Does The MagicBand Plus Do?
In a nutshell, The MagicBand Plus does all the things your old MagicBands do (because they still work).
With a regular MagicBand, you can:
- Tap to unlock your WDW resort door
- Tap to enter theme parks using the MagicBand as your ticket
- Pay with the MagicBand by tapping and using an assigned PIN for meals & snacks, merch, and more at most locations throughout the parks and resorts
- Scan your MagicBand to have PhotoPass Photographers’ photos link to your account
- Access ride photos that magically appear in your photos on certain rides
Extra Magic with the new MagicBand+
The newest wearable from WDW has new features, including color-changing lights, haptic vibrations, and gesture recognition—and it pairs with your smartphone using the My Disney Experience app.
The MagicBand+ also allows some fun, extra magic functions. With the MagicBand Plus you can:
- Find and track the golden statues with the Disney Fab 50 Quest. Interact with each golden statue you find throughout the 4 parks while using the Play Disney Parks app to track the sculptures you find.
- Join the Batuu Bounty Hunters’ Guild in Galaxy’s Edge. Entertain your young Padawan learners while waiting for your turn on the Rise of the Resistance by using your MagicBand Plus to find virtual bounties throughout the land and earn galactic credits with the Play Disney Parks mobile app.
- Sync and light up your band along with Harmonious in Epcot and Disney Enchantment (the current Magic Kingdom fireworks show). MagicBand+ will also engage as all 4 theme park icons transform into Beacons of Magic!
Read below for more details on each of these fun extra magic MagicBand+ functionalities.
What MagicBand+ Colors Are Available
Currently, you can choose from over 25 MagicBand+ colors/designs.
Colors include black, grey, turquoise, and navy bands without decorations.
However, there are some themed MagicBand+ bands available, such as Star Wars, Disney snacks, Minnie Mouse, Tinkerbell, fireworks, and more.
How To Get Your MagicBand+: Can I Buy a MagicBand Plus Online?
If you’re planning to get one or even collect some, don’t forget that Disney Resort hotel guests may purchase MagicBand+ online at special prices before their arrival.
- Log into My Disney Experience
- Ensure your resort reservation is linked and showing in the system
- Go to My MagicBands and Cards
- Choose the trip you want to order your new MagicBand+ for by clicking the Get Started button
- Pick the MagicBand+ you love and personalize it with your name.
- Choose Complete and go to Checkout once everyone’s bands have been chosen and personalized
How Much Does MagicBand+ Cost?
Annual Passholder discounts will also be available on MagicBand+ (visit disneyworld.com/pass for more information). All guests can buy MagicBand+ at select stores across Walt Disney World and online at shopDisney, starting at $34.99.
Can I Buy a MagicBand Plus at the Park?
At Walt Disney World, you can purchase a MagicBand+ at the following locations:
- Magic Kingdom Park: Emporium
- EPCOT: Pin Traders – Camera Center
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Celebrity 5 & 10 and Tatooine Traders
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park: Discovery Trading Company
- Disney Springs: Disney’s Pin Traders
- Select merchandise locations at Disney Resort hotels
Although features and experiences across Disney Parks will vary, Disneyland Resort guests will be able to get in on the MagicBand+ fun later this year.
Does Disneyland Have MagicBand Plus?
At this time, MagicBand+ is not available at Disneyland. Disneyland doesn’t even utilize the older MagicBand technology currently.
However, Disney Parks does expect to have MagicBand Plus functionality at Disneyland in late 2022.
Do I have to use a MagicBand Plus at Walt Disney World?
Absolutely not. There are currently several options for enjoying your trip to WDW without using the new MagicBand+. The MagicBand+ simply offers you a new tech convenience for accessing the parks and a few “cool” perks, the benefit of which is up to you to decide.
If you have been to the parks before, and you have the older MagicBands at home, those still work just fine!
You can also obtain a Key to the World card for your room and ticket use; the MagicBand+ simply makes tapping a bit quicker.
If you’re addicted to your Apple Watch or iPhone, you can also use the Disney MagicMobile service (added to your smartphone or smartwatch) instead of a physical card or MagicBand. However, know that the service is far from seamless and as much as I personally like that over anything else, it gets annoying and is extra annoying with a party of more than one.
However, if this is your first visit, we recommend hopping on board with the MagicBand+ and embracing the tech.
Before you embark on these experiences, make sure your MagicBand+ is charged, up to date, and paired to your device.
We’ve got you covered with easy how-to videos on DisneyWorld.com so you can get right to it.
Extra Magic with the New MagicBand+
Disney Fab 50 Quest
As part of the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary celebration, you can interact with the Disney Fab 50 Character Collection throughout all four theme parks with the “Disney Fab 50 Quest.”
Help Tinker Bell bring the sculptures to life across all four Walt Disney World theme parks using virtual pixie dust from Tink.
Sebastian and Flounder are just a few characters you may meet!
You can wave your hand to sprinkle virtual pixie dust at each Disney Fab 50 Character sculpture for different reactions!
To unlock even more fun during your quest, use the Play Disney Parks app to collect the sculptures and enter the worlds of your favorite characters through an augmented reality feature.
Star Wars: Batuu Bounty Hunters
On Batuu, the bounty hunting business is booming. MagicBand+ is your guide to seeking numerous virtual bounties hidden across Black Spire Outpost with the Star Wars: Batuu Bounty Hunters experience.
Vibrations and lights on MagicBand+ guide you down the right path. When you find your Bounty, you can use the Play Disney Parks app’s augmented reality thermal viewer to reveal who’s hiding in the shadows.
Local guild master Raga Bua will reward you with galactic credits. Do you have what it takes to join the guild?
MagicBand+ brings the magic of Disney nighttime spectaculars closer than ever before during “Disney Enchantment” at Magic Kingdom Park and “Harmonious” at EPCOT!
MagicBand+ complements the magic in the skies, lighting up and vibrating in sync with fireworks, visual effects, and music. Your MagicBand+ will also engage as all four theme park icons transform into Beacons of Magic!
- Interview with Dave Boyle for House of Ninjas on Netflix - February 21, 2024
- Welcome Home Franklin Interview - February 16, 2024
- Interview Walt Dohrn and Tim Heitz on Trolls Band Together - February 8, 2024