Yesterday I had the opportunity to meet the amazing Johanna Cook aka Momma Cuisine in Lake Oswego at Safeway. Momma Cuisine is touring on behalf of Echelon Foods and Turducken spreading her infectious smile and sweet personality during cooking demos in markets across the U.S. I got to chat with Johanna about her love of cooking as she prepared some delicious Turducken and variation* of her own Warm Black Rice Salad.
Johanna is sweet, personable, and talented. It's no wonder moms love her! We chatted about Turducken, her recipe development, her love of family and cooking, and she even asked me about wine pairing for the holidays.
Have you had Turducken? I hadn't until yesterday. It's delicious! Turkey, duck, chicken, and stuffing all rolled up into one beautiful roast that is easy to prepare. Momma Cuisine even sent me home with a little to-go package.
*Johanna made a few substitutions in the salad yesterday:
- wild rice blend instead of black rice
- fresh lemon juice instead balsamic vinegar
- pine nuts instead of pumpkin seeds
- butternut squash instead of pumpkin
- no zucchini
- PAW Patrol: The Movie Best Quotes - September 23, 2021
- INTERVIEW: Amy Landecker, Mark Banker & Todd Grimes - September 23, 2021
- Dear Evan Hansen Best Quotes - September 22, 2021