When I can find a tasty treat that is also healthy for you, I consider that a huge win. As much as I like Halloween candy, I love being able to make Halloween treats with my family that are healthy and tasty. This Nutty “Bloody Brain” Dip made with Santé Nuts Candied Walnuts by George Duran is a crowd pleaser for all ages. The process was fun, very easy, and my kids enjoyed helping, as well. The best part? They devoured the dip! Even by themselves, the Santé Nuts Candied Walnuts are a delicious treat!
- 7 oz. jar of roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 c. Panko bread crubs
- 5 oz. package of Santé Nuts Candied Walnuts
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dried hot red pepper flakes
- 1 ts.p kosher salt
- 3/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large cauliflower for the brain (we used an orange cauliflower)
- Pita chips
In a food processor, place all of the ingredients except olive oil and pulse until coarse. Slowly add olive oil and process until smooth. Set aside.
Make cauliflower “brain” by trimming leaves and bottom stem. Make hole in the top center of cauliflower by gently cutting a ring that will fit a small bowl. Keep digging through the top half of cauliflower until the bowl fits snuggly. Place dip inside bowl, making sure it overflows around cauliflower “brain.”
Serve with pita chips.
We dug out the cauliflower to make room for the dip as directed, but put the dup directly into the cauliflower…we didn't use the bowl. Crackers makes a great accompaniment, as well as pita chips. We didn't use quite as much olive oil as the recipe called for as we like our dips a little thicker. Either way works.
Watch the Nutty “Bloody Brain” Dip Process Video
Enter to win Santé Nuts Candied Walnuts
Want to try them? My readers get FREE SHIPPING at SanteNuts.com using coupon code “free!2014” through January 1, 2015 (U.S. orders only, please). Plus, one lucky winner will win Santé Nuts Candied Walnuts for their own enjoyment! Use the Rafflecopter below to enter.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Disney Merriest Nites - September 15, 2021
- Disneyland Halloween Treats You Can Mobile Order - September 14, 2021
- INTERVIEW with Angela Santomero and Traci Paige Johnson of Blue's Clues - September 14, 2021