Dinnertime at my house is often hectic. During the week, any one of my four kids has an activity, and often my husband or I also have an evening work activity to attend. Enter the need for a “Weeknight Warrior” One-Pot Meal and Prego® Italian sauces that can help me to do it.
I can cook a relatively quick and very easy meal bringing the family together even on a chaotic night—using just one pot that the whole family will enjoy. If I can bang out a meal that everyone loves in one pot and it’s still homemade, that’s a win!
This One-Pot Pizza Pasta Bake recipe uses minimal ingredients, (many of which are staples in the pantry). Bonus! My kids always ask for seconds and thirds, which means I know it’s a crowd pleaser.
One-Pot Pizza Pasta Bake
- 1 tbsp. grape seed oil
- 1 lb. spicy Italian sausage, ground
- 1/4 cup mini pepperoni, divided in half
- 1 jar Prego Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 4 cups water
- 16 ounces Gemelli or Rotini pasta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated (optional)
- Heat grape seed oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add spicy Italian sausage and half of the mini pepperoni. Cook until sausage is browned; drain excess fat.
- Stir in Prego Traditional pasta sauce, pasta, and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat. Simmer until pasta is cooked al dente, about 12 minutes.
- Preheat oven to broil while pasta is cooking.
- Remove from heat; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and remaining mini pepperoni.
- Place in oven, and cook under broiler about 2 minutes until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired and serve immediately.
- PAW Patrol: The Movie Best Quotes - September 23, 2021
- INTERVIEW: Amy Landecker, Mark Banker & Todd Grimes - September 23, 2021
- Dear Evan Hansen Best Quotes - September 22, 2021