Pasta is such an easy, quick dish. I love pasta as a go-to dinner for a weeknight evening meal. Sometimes it’s nice to make something more exciting than your standard pasta dish. This Red Beet Pasta dish is pretty, unique, tasty, healthy, and easy to make. We love beets in our house, so if you are a family that loves your root veggies, too, this Red Beet Pasta is for you!
Red Beet Pasta
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 4 medium-sized red beets
- 2 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 oz. heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Fresh mint leaves
- Chia seeds
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash the beets. In a baking pan place the beets and cloves of garlic. Drizzle the beets with olive oil and put in oven.
- Cook the beets for 1-2 hours.
- After removing the beets from the oven, peel beets and cut them in small pieces.
- In a food processors, combine beets, garlic, salt, pepper, and heavy cream. Blend for 20-25 seconds.
- Prepare the spaghetti al dente (according to package instructions).
- Drain spaghetti and return to skillet. Pour the sauce over the pasta and mix together.
- Serve pasta garnished with a sprinkle of black pepper and chia seeds.
- In the center of the spaghetti, garnish with fresh mint leaves.