Have gamers on your holiday shopping list this season? The #1 kids console franchise is trailblazing the Toys to Life category by introducing vehicles to life—playable both within and outside of the game. Players can explore Skylands via land, sea and sky in the adventure mode, co-op play, and our newest addition, head to head racing! Additionally, you can now take your Skylanders adventure with you for a true on-the-go experience via iPad, and for the first time ever, with iPod, iPhone, and Apple TV!
Skylanders SuperChargers is hitting store shelves in time for the holiday frenzy. Toys“R”Us predicts the newest addition to the franchise will be one of their fast-selling games this holiday season and recently placed Skylanders SuperChargers on the company’s 2015 Holiday Hot Toy List.
Skylanders SuperChargers delivers more ways to play than ever before:
- Single-player Adventure Mode
- Online and local co-operative Adventure Mode
- Local 2-player head-to-head racing in split screen (offline) This is a feature my competitive kids love to unleash!
- Online competitive racing with up to 4 players playable in land, sea, and sky environments
- Includes time trials and lap races
- Voice chat can be activated with friends
- Optional expansion packs will be available to unlock extended content and come with three toys (a SuperCharger, their signature vehicle, a villain trophy)
- A dedicated combat racing game, Skylanders SuperChargers Racing, will be made available on Wii and Nintendo 3DS
- Nintendo guest stars: Turbo Charge Donkey Kong and Hammer Slam Bowser and their respective vehicles will debut on Nintendo platforms
Players can also purchase Racing Action Packs that unlock additional content. A total of three Racing Action Packs, one for each terrain, will be available for $34.99 MSRP and each will include three special toys—a SuperCharger, vehicle and villain trophy which unlocks two exclusive racing tracks for the game. The first of the three packs, the Skylanders SuperChargers: Racing Sea Pack, will be available at launch.
My kids love that they can play with their favorite characters from previous Skylander games because SuperChargers is forward compatible with all 300+ unique toys from all previous games—Skylanders® SWAP Force, Skylanders® Giants, Skylanders® Spyro’s Adventure, and Skylanders® Trap Team.
Latest posts by Jana (see all)
- SONIC THE HEDGEHOG on Blu-Ray May 19 - May 19, 2020
- Star Wars Recipes - May 4, 2020
- Using the Pandemic as an Opportunity for Self-Improvement - May 4, 2020