After 4 years, the Santa HQ in Portland – Washington Square is most certainly an annual holiday event for our family.
Thanks to Santa HQ for sponsoring our visit to see the Santa HQ this year. As always, all opinions are our own.
Visit Santa HQ in Portland Washington Square
Check out the fun features HGTV Santa HQ offers:
- Naughty or Nice Meter: Visitors can stand next to an interactive board to find out which of Santa’s lists—Naughty or Nice—they made. This is our personal favorite activity at Santa HQ every year.
- Photo Opps: Traditional photo opportunities with Santa Claus, as well as a holiday scene photo, with a variety of photo packages that families can choose from.
- Elf Academy: Guests can visit HGTV Santa HQ’s Elf Academy, family-friendly experience that features interactive technology to enhance the entire HGTV Santa HQ visit.
- Magic Mirror: In this new addition to the Elf Academy include the NEW Magic Mirror where guests can transform into one of Santa’s elves (Hazel, Ruby, Jack, or STrawberry) and virtually try on various elf outfits and email it to themselves.
- Elf-ID: Guests can create their very own customized Elf-ID card using the new Elf-ID app and a “selfie” and email it to themselves.
- Elf-Ray Vision: Guests can explore Santa’s Observatory through the use of tablets. Areas within Santa HQ trigger an augmented reality (AR) experience for guests.
Giving Back at Santa HQ in Portland
Shoppers also are invited to bring an unwrapped toy and participate through Holiday Giving, at the center’s Sharing Tree, located next to Nordstrom and Abercrombie & Fitch. Washington Square hopes to gather over 5,000 toys to be donated to 15 local charities.
In 2017, HGTV’s Help Through Holiday Giving program collected over 66,000 toys benefiting local organizations like Forgotten Angel
Tree, Salvation Army Angel Tree, Toys for Tots, and Spark of Love Stuff a Bus. We love partnering with local organizations to give back on a large scale.
When to Visit Santa HQ in Portland
Where to Visit Santa HQ in Portland
About Santa HQ
Latest posts by Jana (see all)
- Games and Toys Holiday Gift Guide - November 26, 2019
- Visiting Stranger Things Filming Locations in Atlanta - November 25, 2019
- Frozen 2 Movie Review - November 24, 2019