The wait is finally over and INTO THE WOODS (nominated for 3 Golden Globes including Best Picture, Best Actress Emily Blunt and Best Supporting Actress Meryl Streep) is now playing in theatres everywhere beginning tonight!!!
Here are some fun filmmaking facts about Into the Woods to hold you over until tonight!
- Production on “Into the Woods” began in September, 2013 at Shepperton Studios and on locations throughout England.
- Stephen Sondheim has received eight Tony® Awards, more than any other composer in history. He has won seven times: Best Music and Best Lyrics for “Company” (1971); and Best Score for “Follies” (1972), “A Little Night Music” (1973), “Sweeney Todd” (1979), “Into the Woods” (1988) and “Passion” (1994). His eighth honor was a 2008 Special Tony Award for Lifetime Achievement in the Theatre.
- The foundation of the Woods set, built on Stage H at Shepperton Studios, was made up of 2,000 tons of soil, over 600 ferns, acres and acres of ivy and countless pallets of moss and turf.
- 95 percent of the trees used on the Woods set were real trees, which included 30-foot pine trees and hundreds of 25-foot oak tree branches, the leaves of which had to be removed and replaced with artificial ones (so they would last longer). The remaining five percent were full-sized whimsical trees constructed from plaster.
- There were four cows cast to play Milky-White. Their names were Tug, Diamond, Two Fold, and Pearl.
- Rapunzel’s hair in the film is 20 feet long. The braid is made from real hair and weighs almost 6 pounds.
- The music for the film was pre-recorded over a 2-week period at Angel Studios in London with a 56-piece orchestra, composed of some of the best musicians from the London Symphony Orchestra and London Philharmonic.
Into the Woods – Trailer
Like INTO THE WOODS on Facebook: https://www.
Follow INTO THE WOODS on Twitter: https://twitter.com/
Check out INTO THE WOODS on Tumblr: http://intothewoodsmovie.
Follow INTO THE WOODS on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/
Visit the official site of INTO THE WOODS here: http://movies.disney.com/into-
INTO THE WOODS is rated PG and is now playing in theatres everywhere!