Being a mother sure does have a million advantages. From being the miracle boo-boo kisser to being the chef extraordinaire, I get paid in tons of kisses and hugs and it really couldn’t get any better. However, I do love when I get me time and can take a ride around town. I recently had the opportunity to check out the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata for an entire week, thanks to DriveShop and their amazing review loaners, and I fell in love at first sight.
Give me a stick shift and a James Bond-esque sports car any day. This car has everything, and is fun to drive.
A few facts about Mazda:
- Mazda is made in Japan
- In 2007, Mazda manufactured almost 1.3 million vehicles to be sold all over the globe.
- The name Mazda is derived from Ahura Mazda, who was the god of light, intelligence, and wisdom.
When the Miata pulled into my driveway on day one, I could not wait to sit in the interior and check it out. Inside, you will only find the latest technology along with a sleek design. There are only 2 seats, so we know the car isn’t that big, but it is packed to the rim with tons of features and comforts to make your adventure an unforgettable one. Check out a few of my favorite features:
- Black cloth convertible top—get ready to feel the wind in your hair
- Power windows with One-Touch Down feature (even with my busted rotator cuff I can easily put the convertible top up and down all by myself)
- 6-Speaker Bose Sound System—this is one bad-ass stock sound system
- LED headlights and taillights, perfect for rain and foggy days
- Solar controlled windshield
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and audio
- Removable, repositionable cup holders
The car is small, but oh it's mighty. It even had shopping room in the trunk!!!
Measuring at only 154.1”, you wouldn’t expect much out of this car because it only has a 4 cylinder, 2.0L engine. But you have to remember this car is very light, so light in fact that 155HP really gives you a huge bang. The 2016 Mazda MX-5 is great on gas (27 city MPG and 36 highway MPG) This car really gives you everything you could want. A lot of engine and a lot saved in the gas tank. If you are looking for a weekend car, this is for you. I hated to turn the keys in at the end of the week. The 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata was so much fun.
Price: The 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata starts at $24,915
Visit your local Mazda dealership today to schedule a test drive.
Latest posts by Jana (see all)
- Watch Roald Dahl's The Witches on HBO Max + Activity Pages - October 23, 2020
- Joe Biden Has an Island on Animal Crossing and I'm Here for It! - October 21, 2020
- Best Quotes from Love and Monsters - October 20, 2020