I had the pleasure of seeing an early screening of Tomorrowland this week. We really enjoyed the movie and here's why I think you should see it. Instead of a Tomorrowland review, here are the 8 reasons's why you should see Tomorrowland, open in theatres everywhere today!
- George Clooney. Can we stop here? Okay, I said 8 so we’ll keep going.
- It’s got Walt’s signature sense of adventure, human endeavor, and futuristic outlook all over it. I love that about Walt Disney.
- Outstanding performances by young talent. Britt Robertson’s performance as an optimistic teen is outstanding. Raffey Cassidy and Thomas Robinson also give amazing performances as youngster. These three are talent to keep your eyes on for sure.
- Campy and fun. Tomorrowland offers the right amount of campy fun and obscure sci-fi. My kids loved it.
- Jet packs and lasers. What’s not to love about jet packs and lasers?
- The special effects are worth the ticket price. So much imagination and artistry went into this film.
- Dreamers. The world is full of them and we must remember that amidst all the chaos and evil, dreamers have a special place in the world.
- Juxtaposition. The line between utopia and chaos…does it exist? How gray is it? Is Tomorrowland as perfect as it seems? You’ll only find out by watching the movie. But the ride will be interesting and fun.
Note of caution to parents: The film is rated PG. There are a few violent scenes that while contextually okay for older children, those same scenes maybe disturbing to younger children because they aren’t quite old enough to understand them.
TOMORROWLAND opens in theaters everywhere today, May 22nd!
TOMORROWLAND STORY SYNOPSIS:
From Disney comes two-time Oscar® winner Brad Bird’s riveting, mystery adventure “Tomorrowland,” starring Academy Award® winner George Clooney. Bound by a shared destiny, former boy-genius Frank (Clooney), jaded by disillusionment, and Casey (Britt Robertson), a bright, optimistic teen bursting with scientific curiosity, embark on a danger-filled mission to unearth the secrets of an enigmatic place somewhere in time and space known only as “Tomorrowland.” What they must do there changes the world—and them—forever.
Featuring a screenplay by “Lost” writer and co-creator Damon Lindelof and Brad Bird, from a story by Lindelof & Bird & Jeff Jensen, “Tomorrowland” promises to take audiences on a thrill ride of nonstop adventures through new dimensions that have only been dreamed of.
The film also stars Hugh Laurie as brilliant scientist David Nix, Raffey Cassidy, Tim McGraw, Judy Greer, Kathryn Hahn, Keegan-Michael Key and Thomas Robinson.
“Tomorrowland” is produced by Damon Lindelof, Brad Bird and Jeffrey Chernov and directed by Brad Bird, with John Walker, Brigham Taylor, Jeff Jensen and Bernard Bellew serving as executive producers. “Tomorrowland” opens in U.S. theaters today, May 22, 2015.