Spoiler-Free Review of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
It’s no secret I’m a huge Marvel fan. In fact, if it’s comic book related bring it on. I ADORED the first Guardians of the Galaxy. It had such heart and was so humorous. It was the first Marvel movie to make me cry. I suppose it’s only fitting that Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is the second.
If you loved the first Guardians of the Galaxy, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 will blow you away. It’s out of this world.
I laughed. I danced. I cried. I loved.
- The A-holes are back to save the galaxy. I guess I could stop here. That’s really all you need, but I promised you 9 reasons, so I’ll keep going.
- It has heart. This movie has all the feels. You will likely cry—especially if you have any relationship with a parent or sibling (so that’s pretty much everyone). You can say now that you're a man and you don't get emotional, but if that's you and you're an icicle, well I guess I can't really do much about that.
- Baby Groot is everything. If you loved dancing Baby Groot at the end of Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, you’ll adore Baby Groot in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. They could make a movie just about Baby Groot.
- You’ll want to hug the ones you love. No spoilers, but you will want to go home and reach out to the family members you hold dear.
- Miley Cyrus has a cameo! As I broke the news to my Twitter fans during our interview with Kevin Feige and James Gunn last week, Miley Cyrus is the voice of Mainframe. She also has a song in the movie. If you're a fan, that's a biggie!
— Jana Seitzer (@merlotmommy) April 20, 2017
- Awesome Mix Vol 2. James Gunn has done it again with his soundtrack selection. I still have the CD from the first movie playing non-stop in my car's CD-player!
- New strong females. With the addition of Elizabeth Debicki and Pom Klementieff and the growth of Karen Gillan’s character, you’ll be impressed with the breadth of female empowerment in this film.
- Trash Panda!!! Or, well, Rocket Raccoon. I love the name Trash Panda for a raccoon. You’ll see more of Rocket’s depth in this film and you can’t help but love the guy.
- I freaking love Michael Rooker. We see a lot more of Yondu’s back story and, well, that’s all I can say about that.
Best end credits ever. There's a saying that true Marvel fans stay until the end. You will want to stay until the very last minute of the credits. There are four end credit scenes plus a fun Stan Lee cameo you will not want to miss.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 saves the galaxy May 5, 2017
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 flies into theatres May 5, 2017
I’ve been invited to an all-expenses paid trip to Los Angeles. As always, all opinions are my own.
If you liked this post, you might like to read our exclusive interview with Chris Pratt.
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_basic_grid post_type=”post” max_items=”9″ style=”load-more” items_per_page=”12″ gap=”10″ item=”basicGrid_VerticalFlip” grid_id=”vc_gid:1494016595610-e3bb8b9b-d80c-7″ taxonomies=”2705″][/vc_column][/vc_row]
- Gladskin Eczema Cream for Babies and Kids - October 17, 2021
- Update Your Space with a Newair Compact Mini Refrigerator - October 9, 2021
- Celebrate #MerlotMe in October - October 8, 2021