During the bustling holiday season, moms and dads are busier than usual. Even though it seems we are running from place to place and there are fewer hours in our days, we still need to sit down to eat. In the colder months, I love to make meals for my family that require oven baking—my house smells wonderful and it gets warmed up, too! One of my favorite Campbell’s Kitchen recipes is the One-Dish Chicken and Rice Bake. It’s a quick, easy, and nutritious recipe that my whole family likes.
I’ve been making this recipe for years…long before I was a busy mom. Oh, and since I don’t like mushrooms, I always swap out the Cream of Mushroom for Cream of Asparagus (see how versatile this recipe is!). This dish is so easy to make, in fact, that The Wisest Kid would be so proud that my own wise kid can make this dinner for the family all by himself!
What You'll Need
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
How to Make It
- Stir the soup, water, rice, paprika and black pepper in a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Top with the chicken. Season with additional paprika and black pepper. Cover the baking dish.
- Bake at 375°F. for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender. Let stand for 10 minutes. Stir the rice before serving.
Like this recipe?
Visit the Campbell’s Kitchen website for these and more great kid-friendly recipes.
Dippable Fun: According to The Wisest Kid, there are “More ways to dunk than can be thunk.” What do your wise kids prefer with their Campbell’s Tomato Soup?
Chasing the Cheese: Warm cheese can melt the hearts of most kids, so what better meal than one that highlights the yummy ingredient!
Veggie Contentment: The Wisest Kid says, “Broccoli on the side gets denied.” Moms want to find a variety of options at mealtime that the family will enjoy, while kids just want food that tastes good. Luckily, these two things don’t have to be different with these recipes.
This post is sponsored by Campbell Soup Co. All opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Jana (see all)
- Six Tips for Making Your Older Dog Healthy and Comfortable - August 5, 2020
- Easy Solution for Dead Car Battery on a Road Trip - August 4, 2020
- Work-from-Home Must-Haves - July 30, 2020