Acts of Kindness. One small thought or gesture can really be meaningful. You never know when that random act might make someone’s day. These are 10 of my favorite ways to pay it forward with random acts of kindness. Doing nice things for people, always makes me feel good.
- Buy a $5 gift card when you pay for your coffee. Ask the cashier to give it to the person behind you.
- Bring an extra coffee back to the office with you when you make your coffee run and give it to your assistant on an admin staff.
- Put a piece of chocolate in your coworkers mailbox or leave one on their desk.
- Add change to an expired parking meter (apparently this is illegal in some places, but still a nice idea).
- Pick an “angel” from a tree for a local charity and buy a holiday gift for the angel on the tree.
- Buy a few extra perishable items at the grocery store and leave them in the food bank collection box on your way out.
- Leave an extra big tip at a restaurant.
- Cook a meal and bring it to an elderly neighbor.
- Invite a colleague or acquaintance to join you for lunch, and pay for both of you.
- Leave an anonymous gift card on the desk of coworker who’s gone out of their way to help you, even if they didn’t need to.
At the end of the day, being nice just feels good. And if you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.
Have you ever given any random acts of kindness? Have you ever been the recipient of any random acts of kindness?
- Interview with Dave Boyle for House of Ninjas on Netflix - February 21, 2024
- Welcome Home Franklin Interview - February 16, 2024
- Interview Walt Dohrn and Tim Heitz on Trolls Band Together - February 8, 2024