As a CK Mondavi Ambassador, I'll be sharing wine and food ideas with you over the coming months. As always, all opinions are my own. #CKMondaviWines #CKMondaviAmbassador #CKMondaviHoliday
Whenever we cook or entertain, we always think of what wine to pair with our food. Even before I started to really enjoy wine and went to wine school to get my WSET Level 2, I was experimenting with wine and food pairings. Brie is a staple cheese in our home, which is great because it's also a fantastic cheese to have on hand for entertaining. Brie can be served so many ways, but can easily be served as a Baked Brie in Puff Pastry dish. It's tasty and easy to prepare, and looks so much fancier than it really is…shhhhh don't give away our secret! It's so easy, in fact, my kids can help me make it.
Generally, we make a plain Baked Brie in Puff Pastry if we're eating it by ourselves because with 6 people, our tastes vary, but we will often serve it with fig spread and nuts on the side. You can easily make this Baked Brie in Puff Pastry dish with jam or honey and nuts cooked inside the puff pastry, too. For the adults 21+ at your holiday event or dinner party, Baked Brie in Puff pastry pairs beautifully with a buttery, toasty Chardonnay like the one from CK Mondavi. If you don't happen to like white, try one of CK Mondavi's other wines such as their Cabernet Sauvignon or Scarlet Red. Add some crackers and RONDELÉ® BY PRÉSIDENT® and you have a complete quick and easy holiday spread!
Baked Brie in Puff Pastry
- 1 8 oz. Brie wheel, we used PRÉSIDENT® brie*
- 1 can Pillsbury Crescent rolls
- 2 or 3 tablespoons raspberry or apricot jam (optional)
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Open rolls. Remove rolls from can, carefully as to not separated along perforated lines.
- Lay sheet of rolls on baking sheet. Press perforations together so you have a solid sheet of rolls (I have a small rolling pin tool from Pampered Chef I use for this, but you can use your fingers, too).
- Place Brie wheel in center of sheet of rolls.
- Place jam or honey and nuts, if desired, on top of Brie wheel.
- Wrap sheet of rolls carefully around Brie wheel as not to tear sheet apart.
- Bake in the over for 35 to 40 minutes until puff pastry crust is golden brown.
- Remove puff from oven. Let sit for 10 minutes before cutting into puff.
- Serve with crackers or bread, jam and nuts.
Visit CK Mondavi Online
More information on PRÉSIDENT® brie*
More information on RONDELÉ® BY PRÉSIDENT®
*Look for CK Mondavi’s special holiday promotions on their wine bottles in stores now through January 31, 2017. You can receive $1 off PRÉSIDENT® Brie, $1 off RONDELÉ® BY PRÉSIDENT® and $1 off any crackers now through January 31, 2017.
You can also enter to win a wine country weekend in Napa by texting CKMONDAVI to 31279 (The deadline to enter is 12/31/16)
Latest posts by Jana (see all)
- Luxury Linens for Back to School - August 20, 2019
- Bowers & Wilkins Formation : Performance Sound for Your Home Audio - August 17, 2019
- Back-to-School Lunches Made Easy with Santa Cruz Organics - August 15, 2019