Encanto marks the 60th animated feature from Walt Disney Animation Studios and is chock full of emotion and magic. Mirabel Madrigal lives with her extended family in the mountains of Colombia in a wondrous and charmed place called an Encanto. As the only child in her extraordinary family who’s not blessed with magical powers, Mirabel is determined to prove that she belongs, setting out on a grand adventure within the walls of her home. We’ve curated a list of the Most Magical Quotes from Disney’s Encanto in our latest collection of best movie quotes.
Best Quotes from Disney’s Encanto
In our darkest moment, we were given a miracle. –Abuela
Many years ago, this candle blessed our family with a miracle. –Abuela
Our house, our casita, came to life with magic! –Abuela
In time, every member of our family was given their own magical gift. –Abuela
Tonight, this candle will give you your gift! –Abuela
Hola, Casita! –Mirabel
Casita, help me out! Drawers, Floors, Doors! –Mirabel
I used to say my real gift is “acting!” –Bruno
Luisa, the donkeys! –Man
On it! –Luisa
That place is off-limits for a reason. –Luisa
But Mama, why am I the only one that didn’t get a gift? –Mirabel
You’re just as special as anyone else in this family. –Julieta
The magic is in danger. We got to get out of here! –Felix
We must protect our home. We must protect our family. –Abuela
I feel like I missed something… –Bruno
In here, kitchen adjacent. –Bruno
Mirabel, the fate of the family is gonna come down to you. –Bruno
Let me help you. The rats told me everything. Don’t eat those. –Antonio
Even in our darkest moments, there’s light where you least expect it. –Mirabel
This is my chance. I will save the miracle. Wait. How do I save the miracle? –Mirabel
JUST TELL US WHAT EVERYONE CAN DO! –Boy
Alright, alright, RELAX! –Mirabel
Aannnnddd…that’s why coffee is for grownups! –Mirabel
What’s your gift? – Girl
Oh, Mirabel didn’t get one. –Dolores
Gift or no gift, I’m just as special as the rest of my family. –Mirabel
Maybe your gift is being in denial. – Cecilia
I gave you the special since you’re the only Madrigal kid with no gift. I call it the ‘not special’ special. Since, uh, you have no gift. –Donkey delivery man
Uh, thanks? –Mirabel
Last gift ceremony was a bummer—last one being yours. –Donkey delivery man
I can’t. –Mirabel
I need you! –Antonio
The Magic is strong—and so are the drinks! –Abuela
Open my eyes. If the magic is here, help me save the miracle. –Abuela
This vision is a mystery. That’s why it’s phbtttbttt. –Bruno
Bruno, your room is the WORST! –Mirabel
My gift wasn’t helping the family, but I love my family. –Bruno
You’re the real gift, kid. Let us in. –Bruno
Sometimes family weirdos just get a bad rep. –Mirabel
Today’s the day I make my family proud. –Mirabel
What I think is that today was very hard for you. –Julieta
Tonight we come together once more as another one of us steps into the light to make us proud. –Abuela
I will never be good enough for you, will I? –Mirabel
I was given a miracle, a second chance. And I was afraid to lose it. I lost sight of who the miracle was for. –Abuela
Bring Home Encanto on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD
Encanto marks the 60th animated feature from Walt Disney Animation Studios and will soon be available to audiences to enjoy at home. Fans can enjoy a sing-along movie version, never-before-seen bonus features, and deleted scenes when Encanto arrives on all major digital platforms this holiday season on December 24 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD February 8.
About Disney’s Encanto
Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Encanto, with all-new songs by award-winner Lin-Manuel Miranda, tells the tale of the Madrigals, an extraordinary family living in a magical house in the mountains of Colombia. But when Mirabel, the only ordinary Madrigal, discovers the magic surrounding their home is in danger, she may be her family’s last hope.
- Sing-Along with the Movie – Sing along with your favorite songs with on-screen lyrics as you watch the movie.
Familia Lo Es Todo – Members of the Disney Animation “Familia” cultural trust share real-life experiences in this exploration of the lovable Madrigal family members. We learn what inspired each character, and about how the artists’ designs bring realism to their personalities.
- Discover Colombia – The filmmaking team discusses how the multiple cultures, biodiversity, and vibrant colors of Colombia are expressed in Encanto. They describe how satisfying it was to fully celebrate this beautiful country and support the theme of magical realism.
- A Journey Through Music – The filmmakers invite us to discover how each character came to be represented musically. We follow the creation of Encanto’s Colombian-inspired music, featuring Lin-Manuel Miranda’s songs and Germaine Franco’s score, from concept to final recording.
- Let’s Talk About Bruno – Learn how the song “We Don’t Talk About Bruno,” with its intriguing undertones, was created. Discover the extensive collaboration between Lin-Manuel Miranda, choreographer Jamal Sims, the voice cast, and animators in bringing it to the screen.
- Our Casita – La Casa Madrigal is alive with magic, and its emotional state is affected by other family members. From its colorful doors to its fine stonework, the magical house was designed using principles of Colombian tradition.
- Outtakes – From the thrill of “nailing” a take in the presence of an entertainment industry icon to the hilarity of losing a wrestling match with tongue-twisting dialogue, join the cast for some good-natured fun from behind the microphone.
- Journey to Colombia – With the help of the Colombian Cultural Trust, a dedicated team of consultants, the filmmakers of Encanto embark on a journey of discovery to learn more about Colombia and how best to reflect the country’s cultures and environments on the big screen.
- An Introduction to Far From the Tree – Writer and director Natalie Nourigat introduces the Walt Disney Animation Studios short film Far From the Tree.
- Far From the Tree – Parenting is hard, especially when curiosity tugs at a young raccoon whose parent tries to keep them both safe. In the Walt Disney Animation Studios short Far From the Tree, this youngster learns to live with an open heart… even as danger lurks.
- Deleted Scenes
- Introduction – Heads of Story Jason Hand and Nancy Kruse present four scenes not seen in the film’s release, but were part of the journey toward the final version of the story.
- Chores! – Abuela has sent most of the family to town on various assignments that bring them acclaim, while Mirabel, her father, and her uncle are asked to clean the house.
- Another Way In – Mirabel attempts to understand a clue found in her uncle’s vision. To make this happen, she must go through Antonio’s room, where adventures unfold.
- Isabela Goes Into the Woods – When Mirabel sees her sister head for apparent danger in the woods, she races to save her, and encounters the surprise of a lifetime!
- Back to the Mural – Feeling rejected, Mirabel goes back to town. Abuela seeks her out and reveals a part of her personality that her granddaughter has never seen.
- Song Selection – Jump to your favorite musical moments, with on-screen lyrics.
- The Family Madrigal
- Colombia, Mi Encanto
- Waiting on a Miracle
- Surface Pressure
- We Don’t Talk About Bruno
- What Else Can I Do
- Dos Oruguitas
- All of You
Did we include your favorite quote? Let us know in the comments below!
Read about The Madrigal Family
Read about The Madrigal Casita
Check out all of the Encanto Easter Eggs and Nods
Disney’s Encanto is now streaming on Disney+ and digital platforms and you can bring home the magic when Encanto arrives on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD February 8.
- Interview with Dave Boyle for House of Ninjas on Netflix - February 21, 2024
- Welcome Home Franklin Interview - February 16, 2024
- Interview Walt Dohrn and Tim Heitz on Trolls Band Together - February 8, 2024