When you're on the road or camping, it's nice to have access to recharge your tech. We have some of the hottest tech suggestions for your next road trip. We've tested lots of chargers, battery banks, and more to bring you some best bets and the Best Tech for Road Trips to keep your devices charged and your kids happy. Thanks to our sponsors for sending up samples. This post contains affiliate links.
This is PERFECT for all of our travel and outdoor adventures!!
Designed to replace the heavy and bulky generators used when tailgating or camping, the mycharge AdventureUltra is a streamlined power source that can run a 32-inch LED television for up to 3 hours. The AdventureUltra has a maximum power output of 45 watts, which is enough to run a fan or recharge a drone battery. It can also be used with 2-in-1 laptops and new laptops, such as the 12-inch MacBook, that require less than 45 watts either when powered off and solely charging or when powered on and charging simultaneously. As someone who takes their work with them everywhere, this is every travel bloggers dream.
- Battery Capacity: 13400mAh
- Recharges Via: Included charging adapter
- Compatibility: Small Laptops, 2 in 1 Laptop/Tablets, Tablets, Smartphones & USB Devices, Laptops w/ Power Adapters less than 45W*
- Charging Specifications: If laptop is on (open), the charger will run the laptop and charge its battery. If the laptop is off (closed), the charger powers just the laptop's battery.
- $129 MSRP
We took a 10-hour car ride to Tahoe and had some battery issues; we definitely could have used this then.
The myCharge 6600mAh AdventureJumpStart is a battery ideal for jump-starting your car, truck, boat, or ATV. With a 400A peak jump start current and a 200A jump start current, the battery provides power to jump your car or other vehicle's battery. The AdventureJumpStart includes detachable jumper cables for use to jump-start your own car. The 6600mAh portable battery also charges phones, tablets, and other USB devices. Jumping your own vehicle has never been so easy.
- Battery Capacity: 6600mAh
- Recharges Via: micro-USB cable
- Compatibility: Car Batteries, Tablets, Smartphones & USB Devices
- $99 MSRP
Plug into this 27000mAh USB charger by naztech to give you juice on the road. The VOLT Power Station connects via a USB-C port and allows you to plug in 3 devices at once. Compatible with a wide selection of devices, including select phones, tablets, and more. Universal USB trio lets you charge 3 devices at once. Quick Charge 3.0 Technology offers a large battery capacity for rapid charging, as well.
- Universal 110V/85W AC output
- High-power USB-C output
- Quick charge 3.0 technology
- Built-in LED flashlight
- Recharges in 4 hours
- $199 MSRP
In addition to car travel, this is always in my purse or carry-on, too. This is my favorite travel power bank.
With an integrated Apple® Lightning™ cable and an integrated micro-USB cable and the newly added USB port, staying charged on the go has never been easier. Carrying cables is a thing of the past, not only are the cables built in for effortless charging but wall prongs are built-in for effortless recharging. Boasting a 30% reduction in size, the HubPlus is more compact and portable than ever before. No tangled or lost cords, it's compact power in a perfect package.
- Battery Capacity: 6700mAh
- Recharges Via: Built-in wall prongs
- Compatibility: Tablets, Smartphones & USB Devices
- $79 MSRP
The Belkin Road Rockstar with 4 USB Ports for Front and Backseat Charging, 2 Front Seat USB Ports with Shared 2.4 Amp and 1 Backseat Dual-Port Hub with 2.4 Amp is the perfect car charger for large vehicles with lots of kids and devices. It's our go-to charger with our family of 4 kids!
- Seamlessly charge 4 devices simultaneously while on the go
- Perfect for watching movies on long road trips
- Designed with a 6-foot cable and 4 USB ports
- Extending USB hub to allow back seat passengers to easily charge devices
- Tablet charging: charge 2 tablets simultaneously on extending USB hub
- $24 MSRP