Winnie the Pooh and the gang are back in the home release of Disney's Christopher Robin on Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital November 6. Embark on a spirited adventure with grown-up Christopher Robin, Winnie the Pooh, and friends, and when the adventure is finished, go behind the scenes to discover how Disney’s beloved characters are brought to life. Did you see our Jim Cummings interview? Disney's Christopher Robin bonus features have even more behind-the-scenes footage of the making of the movie!
This post contains affiliate links.
Bring Home Disney's Christopher Robin on Blu-Ray
Winnie the Pooh holds a special place in my heart from both my childhood and as a parent. The new Christopher Robin will make you nostalgic for the retro versions of the stuffed Winnie the Pooh gang characters. The movie will melt your heart and maybe make you a little choked up in parts. And if it doesn’t make you step back, take a look at your family as a whole, and review your life and the big picture from a 10,000-foot view, I would question if your heart is intact.
The fun-filled tale features A.A. Milne’s timeless characters from the Hundred Acre Wood—Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Eeyore, Kanga, Roo, Rabbit and Owl—making their first appearance as three-dimensional characters who remind Christopher Robin, and viewers of all ages, to appreciate the simple pleasures in life.
Bonus features included with Disney's Christopher Robin provide a heartfelt look at the making of the movie, showcasing the magical artistry that brings the classic characters to life, the human actors’ techniques for interacting with stuffed animals, and the filmmakers’ passion for their project. Bronte Carmichael, who plays Christopher Robin’s daughter Madeline, takes viewers on an exciting journey from the drawing board to film locations throughout the United Kingdom. Features flashback to highlight Walt Disney’s fondness for Winnie the Pooh and recall the voice actors who lovingly portrayed the unforgettable voice of the iconic character. An exclusive digital bonus feature explores the actual teddy bear, given to Christopher Robin Milne 98 years ago, which inspired the original Pooh stories that have been shared and adored by families around the globe.
Bonus features include*:
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL HD:
- In Which … A Movie Is Made for Pooh – Filmmakers and cast share their passion for this story in a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the movie.
- In Which … Pooh Finds His Voice – Discover what it’s like to voice Winne the Pooh, from voice actors Sterling Holloway to Jim Cummings.
- In Which … Pooh and Walt Become Friends – How did Walt Disney and Pooh meet? Take a journey through time to explore the legacy of Walt’s first encounter with Pooh.
- In Which … Pooh and Friends Come to Life – See how Winnie the Pooh and Friends were brought to life as walking and talking stuffed animals in this magical live-action world.
EXCLUSIVE DIGITAL BONUS FEATURE:
- In Which … We Were Very Young – Meet the actual, original teddy bear who, along with his best friends, has inspired so much love worldwide for almost a century.
Christopher Robin—out on Blu-Ray/Digital/DVD November 6.
Thanks to Walt Disney Studios for bringing me to Los Angeles for an all-expense paid trip. As always, all opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Jana (see all)
- Why Choose Verizon Wireless 5G Ultra Wideband - July 17, 2019
- Zulay Kitchen Gadgets - July 8, 2019
- Less Known Character Meet and Greets at Walt Disney World - July 7, 2019