What's the sitch? We love a good Disneybound and this DIY Kim Possible Pendant Necklace is the perfect addition to your next Disneybound or for your little Kim Possible lover who just wants to be like her favorite heroine!
This post is in partnership with Disney. All opinions are my own.
DIY Kim Possible Pendant Necklace
- Black felt
- Mod Podge
- Black rattail cord
- Velcro fasteners, self-adhesive
- Pendant, 1″ circle
- Necklace Template
- KP logo template
- 1″ circle punch
- White Pencil
- Glue Gun
- Print out the Necklace Template and the KP logo template.
- Using the 1″ circle paper punch, punch out the KP logo circle.
- Center the KP logo in the middle of your pendant and apply a light coating of Mod Podge. Let dry flat for 15 to 20 minutes and apply a second thin coat. Lat flat for a few hours before assembling this piece of the craft.
- While the pendant is drying, cut out the Necklace templates.
- Take a piece of string, and loosely measure around the neck of the child you are making this craft with. Cut the string to the length you measured plus 1 inch LONGER (this is where you will add your fastener) and set aside.
- Lay the black felt on a firm surface and lay the string along one edge of the felt. Lay the template along the same edge; lay the second template after it. Trim the template to the same length as the string.
- Use the ruler to trace along the edge of the template with a white pencil.
- Cut out the necklace from the piece you just measured and drew. Double check you cut the correct length.
- Adhere the Velcro fasteners to the ends of the necklace felt.
- Cut a piece of rattail cord about 2″ long, just long enough that you can tie to the pendant (once it has finished drying) and then glue the ends to the center of the bottom back necklace.
About Kim Possible
Based on the global hit animated series, the live-action Kim Possible Disney Channel Original Movie follows everyday teen hero Kim Possible and best friend and sidekick Ron Stoppable as they embark on their freshman year of high school, all while saving the world from evil villains. By their side, every step of the way is teen tech-genius Wade and new friend Athena, who also happens to be a Kim Possible super fan and is eager to join Team Possible. While Kim and Ron have always been one step ahead of their opponents, navigating the social hierarchy of high school is more challenging than the action-hero ever imagined. With Drakken and Shego lurking in the wings, Kim must rely on her family and friends more than ever. Now it's up to Team Possible—Kim, Ron, tech-genius Wade, new friend Athena and Rufus, a naked mole-rat that Ron meets along the way—to stop these super villains. Bring home Kim Possible on DVD March 26th!
- New Halloween-Themed ‘Disney After Hours BOO BASH’ Coming to Magic Kingdom - May 7, 2021
- From Cradle to Stage Series Review - May 6, 2021
- A QUIET PLACE 2 – Final Trailer & Featurette Available - May 6, 2021